PDA

View Full Version : Linkage of full pension to 33 years of qualifying service for pre-2006 pensioners.

Rajagopalan A
04-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Hi Friends,
This mail is only for those pre-2006 pensioners who had put up less than 33years service and are not drawing full pension.
Such pensioners are small in number.
We are not having details of such pensioners existing all over India.
Majority of the pensioners in our list would have completed 33 years service and they must be drawing full pension.
It is difficult to estimate how many of the affected pensioners will be viewing this mail.
The writ petition which had already been filed does not seek remedy for this grievance.
It is doubtful whether other writ petitions which may be filed in future will address this issue.
Hence it is imperative that all the affected pensioners, not drawing full pension, on account of length of service, should representations to as many officers as possible.
We have to decide whether our grievance can be dovetailed with writ petition to be filed.
I am writing a mail to S 29 pensioners Association today.
I have sent RTI questions in this regard to DOP&PW and DOE
I have sent the attached representation with variation of addressee as follows
1) Prime Minister manmohan@sansad.nic.in, pmosb@pmo.nic.in
2) Minister of Finance: Pranab mukherjee pkm@sansad.nic.in
3) Minister of State (PP): Prithvi Raj Chavan mos-pp@nic.in
4) Cabinet secretary: K M Chandrasekhar. IAS kcsekhar@ias.nic.in
5) Secretary DOPPW : Ms Rajni Razdan razdanr@ias.nic.in
6) Secretary DOE: Ms Sushma Nath nathsg@ias.nic.in
I have also sent to the grievance cell to PM and President as follows
http://helpline.rb.nic.in
http://pmindia.nic.in/write.htm
I shall send a hard copy to Secretary DOP&PW
I request all affected pensioners to act
immediately

ARajagopalan

PS Since the draft representation has a size of 32.5 KB, I am unable to attach. You can contact aarajagopalan@gmail.com for the draft

sundarar
04-10-2009, 07:56 PM
Respected Sir,

The 2nd year of Post 6CPC has commenced with another valid grievance
ie. dispensation of linkage of 33 years with full pension, put forward suitably to all the Competent Authorities by your goodself.

While the date of effect of payment of full pension on the basis of stipulated qualifying service of maximum 20 years has been specifically indicated, the date of effect of dispensation is not at all indicated. In other words, the revised basic pension shall be payable in full if a person had retired from Central Govt. at any point of time with a maximum of 20 years or otherwise pro-rata. To support this view, the para 4.2 of OM dated 1.9.2008 had specifically point out that the revised pension IN NO CASE shall be lower
than sum of 50% of minimum of the pay band and grade pay thereon. Out of so many cases, the case of less than 33 years qualifying service is also one.
The intention is to pay an assured guaranteed revised minimum pension
to a retiree subject to 20 years maximum service or otherwise pro-rata.
As per Para 4.2, the same has been given effect w.e.f. 1.1.2006. Then,
the revised pension on the same footing also has to be from 1.1.2006 and that is the reason, the date of effect of dispensation is not required to be specified. The calculation of basic pension on the basis of revised qualifying service requirements, in the revised structure will have to be effected as on 1.1.2006 and the payment of such a revised pension is made entitlted from 2.9.2008. During the period in between, the minimum assured guaranteed pension shall become payable from 1.1.2006 and in case a pensioner getting revised pension as per Para 4.1 which may be higher than such minimum assured pension, he will continue to draw the same till the revised pension on the basis of revised q.s. become payable from 2.9.2008.

This is the scenario I visualised by interpreting the actual Para 4.2 of OM dated 1.9.2008 read with the OM dated 2.9.2008.

The Representations that have been reaching the Competent Authorities
will definitely bring home the desired results and with this hope and wishes,
I submit that it is significant to note that for getting full pension, a retiree should have served maximum 20 years pensionable service and since the pension on the basis of 33 years requirement is getting revised from 1.1.2006, the basic pension under 20 years criteria requires to be re-calculated in the revised structure w.e.f. 1.1.2006.

jarunan
05-10-2009, 08:55 PM
I would like to bring our case to your attention. When the Nuclear Power Board was converted to Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd. many of the staff and officers joined the NPCIL as pro-rata pensioners on 1.1.1998. Their pension was calculated as per the services put in by them in govt till that time. There may be thousands of officers/ staff in this category. Many of them have not completed the mandatory 33 yrs of service for full pension at that time. What do you think should be their stand now? Are they entitled for pension calculated on the basis of 20 yrs thanks to 6pc?

Pl share your views on this. I would like to have the draft representation you have sent to all the concerned forums. I would appreciate your help in this regard.

Regards.

j.arunan

sundarar
07-10-2009, 06:21 AM
Dear Shri J Arunanji,

Please see Shri ARji's message No.1 wherein he has indicated as follows:

"ARajagopalan

PS Since the draft representation has a size of 32.5 KB, I am unable to attach. You can contact aarajagopalan@gmail.com for the draft"

Alternatively you may like to indicate your e-mail id in your next message in the thread so that any of our senior veterans may be able to advise suitably in this regard.

Rajagopalan A
10-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Hi Friends,
This mail is only for those pre-2006 pensioners who had put up less than 33years service and are not drawing full pension.
Such pensioners are small in number.
We are not having details of such pensioners existing all over India.
Majority of the pensioners in our list would have completed 33 years service and they must be drawing full pension.
It is difficult to estimate how many of the affected pensioners will be viewing this mail.
The writ petition which had already been filed does not seek remedy for this grievance.
It is doubtful whether other writ petitions which may be filed in future will address this issue.
Hence it is imperative that all the affected pensioners, not drawing full pension, on account of length of service, should representations to as many officers as possible.
We have to decide whether our grievance can be dovetailed with writ petition to be filed.
I am writing a mail to S 29 pensioners Association today.
I have sent RTI questions in this regard to DOP&PW and DOE
I have sent the attached representation with variation of addressee as follows
1) Prime Minister manmohan@sansad.nic.in, pmosb@pmo.nic.in
2) Minister of Finance: Pranab mukherjee pkm@sansad.nic.in
3) Minister of State (PP): Prithvi Raj Chavan mos-pp@nic.in
4) Cabinet secretary: K M Chandrasekhar. IAS kcsekhar@ias.nic.in
5) Secretary DOPPW : Ms Rajni Razdan razdanr@ias.nic.in
6) Secretary DOE: Ms Sushma Nath nathsg@ias.nic.in
I have also sent to the grievance cell to PM and President as follows
http://helpline.rb.nic.in
http://pmindia.nic.in/write.htm
I shall send a hard copy to Secretary DOP&PW
I request all affected pensioners to act
immediately

ARajagopalan

PS Since the draft representation has a size of 32.5 KB, I am unable to attach. You can contact aarajagopalan@gmail.com for the draft

Dear Co-affected Friends,
This mail is being addressed to you seperately. Firstly this is a limited issue concerning very few of us and secondly the main group does not want us to unnecessarily clutter their mail boxes.
There is no indication as yet if any action has been taken (apart from Rajagopalan any myself) by others. Unless all of us and as many others as possible act, our case will go by default. There is a rumour that meetings are taking place in govt to do something before Diwali. Whether something at all will happen on this subject any time before, after or thereafter can not be said. But let us not loose out for want of trying.
I am attaching draft, which may be modified as required and address list. It would be preferable to send hard copies but email (IDs given in Rajagopalan's mail of 4 Oct) may also be used otherwise. Pl advise others of the action taken.
Mr Rajagopalan is requested to post these attachments at GConnect, which now fit in with the Portal's requirements.
Kewal Taneja
Portals allow 19.5 KB and pen 15 alone is 32 Kb. in word format.
I don't have open office software. I tried to upload in Gconnect and I could not do due to over size
Rajagopalan