PDA

View Full Version : nplb for resigned persons

rakeshmehra30
24-09-2009, 12:25 AM
hi friends what are the rules for adhoc or non productivity linked bonus for persons who resigned the service, are they eligible for full or partial bonus and if partial what is the minimum pariod of service required for that financial year and also whats the formulla for calculating the partial bonus.

rakesh

jitendraacr
24-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Dear friend
Bonus is given for last financial year i.e. in 2009 who so ever was in service during April 2008 to March 2009 for complete year will get the full bonus. If he was in service for more then six month but less than a year, bonus will be calculated on proportionate basis for each completed month. Six month is the minimum service requirement for grant of Bonus. Any one who served for more then six month in last financial year, will be eligible for bonus on proportionate basis though he left the service for any reason.
Jitendra

badri mannargudi
25-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Dear friend
Bonus is given for last financial year i.e. in 2009 who so ever was in service during April 2008 to March 2009 for complete year will get the full bonus. If he was in service for more then six month but less than a year, bonus will be calculated on proportionate basis for each completed month. Six month is the minimum service requirement for grant of Bonus. Any one who served for more then six month in last financial year, will be eligible for bonus on proportionate basis though he left the service for any reason.
Jitendra

hi friends what are the rules for adhoc or non productivity linked bonus for persons who resigned the service, are they eligible for full or partial bonus and if partial what is the minimum pariod of service required for that financial year and also whats the formulla for calculating the partial bonus.

rakesh

Dear friends,
Unfortunately I do not have the latest Books on the subject at home.
As per an old edition (S.Handbook-2003 ), there is no provision for granting ADHOC Bonus if THE INDIVIDUAL HAS RESIGNED. In the case of PLB, the case is different and what my beloved friend Jjee has said holdsgood for Productivity Linked Bonus.
Badri

venkatcustoms
27-09-2009, 07:19 AM
Dear friends,
Unfortunately I do not have the latest Books on the subject at home.
As per an old edition (S.Handbook-2003 ), there is no provision for granting ADHOC Bonus if THE INDIVIDUAL HAS RESIGNED. In the case of PLB, the case is different and what my beloved friend Jjee has said holdsgood for Productivity Linked Bonus.
Badri

The Bonus order is available in http://www.dot.gov.in/pension/2009/bonus%2028.08.09.pdf

It says in para 2 (i),
"Only those employees who were in service on 31.3.2009 and haverendered at least six months of continuous service during the year 2008-09will be eligible for payment under these orders. Pro-rata payment will beadmissible to the eligible employees for period of continuous service duringthe year from six months to a full year, the eligibility period being taken interms of number of months of service (rounded off to the nearest number ofmonths)"

I have a small doubt. If an employee resigned after 01.04.2009, having served for more than six months during 2008-09, will he be eligible for adhoc bonus?

badri mannargudi
30-09-2009, 04:06 PM
The Bonus order is available in http://www.dot.gov.in/pension/2009/bonus%2028.08.09.pdf

It says in para 2 (i),
"Only those employees who were in service on 31.3.2009 and haverendered at least six months of continuous service during the year 2008-09will be eligible for payment under these orders. Pro-rata payment will beadmissible to the eligible employees for period of continuous service duringthe year from six months to a full year, the eligibility period being taken interms of number of months of service (rounded off to the nearest number ofmonths)"

I have a small doubt. If an employee resigned after 01.04.2009, having served for more than six months during 2008-09, will he be eligible for adhoc bonus?

In my view, since the individual was in service as on 31.03.2009, the factor of resignation can not be a bar, for, the future event can not have any influence on the past service. ( The case of gratuity etc., is different).
With regards,
Badri