PDA

View Full Version : NER LTC - Bagdogra to Gangtok and back - Taxi allowed?

pkkanwal
22-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Dear Senior Members,

I with my family went on LTC to Delhi-Gangtok-Delhi. As per rules I went upto Bagdogra by Air India and from Bagdogra I took a prepaid taxi from the Sikkim Window. They peopple gave me a receipt of the taxi and on that it was clearly written approved for LTC purposes. There is no train link between Bagdogra to Gangtok and there is no public tranport from Basgdogra to Gangtok. Now my office is not allowing my taxi fare from Bagdogra to Gangton and back. Only they are allowing my air-fare to Delhi Bagdogra and back. Is it correct? Please advice. If there is any circular kindly provide me the same.
Thanking you.

pkkanwal
25-09-2009, 09:30 AM
Jitenderji, Badriji

please clarify this matter.

PBMVOCE
25-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Dear Friend, There is no reimbursement for Taxi charges in case of LTC. Only public transport charges(Govt. rates) are reimbursed on production of taxi fare receipts in case the route is not covered by railway line.

jitendraacr
25-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Dear friends
The taxi fare from Bagdogra to Gangtok can not be denied to an official who is eligible for reimbursement of Taxi Fare in new TA rules. If however he is not eligible for Taxi journey, only Bus fare will be admissible. In no case department can deny the fare from Bagdogra to Gangtok if receipts are submitted.
Jitendra

NARESH KUMAR
29-09-2009, 10:51 AM
rules in this regard is given below

Travel entitlements, for the purpose of official tour/transfer or LTC, will be the same
but no daily allowance shall be admissible for travel on LTC. Further, the facility shall be
admissible only in respect of journeys performed in vehicles operated by the Government or
any Corporation in the public sector run by the Central or State Government or a local body.
so forget about the pvt. taxi, however if taxi is run by any local authorityor psu of state govt. the same shall be allowed.

sandeep.air
10-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Dear Sir,
west bengal govt is providing bus facility from bagdogra to silliguri & from silliguri to gangtok sikkim national transport are providing buses.