PDA

View Full Version : Anomaly in the pay scale granted to the Library & Information Assistants

sabapathi57
25-08-2009, 09:45 PM
Anomaly in the pay scale granted to the Library & Information Assistants

A solved anomaly in the 5th CPC has again surfaced in the 6th CPC for Library & Information
Assistants.
The Library and Information Assistants are placed in the grade pay of Rs. 4,200 whereas the school Librarians at the Kendriya Vidyalayas are placed in the grade pay of Rs.4600/-in the PB-2.
The above referred anomaly existed in the 5th CPC too. That is, school librarians were placed in the pay scale of Rs.5500/-9,000/- whereas the Library and Information Assistants were given the pay scale of Rs. 5000 -8000 initially.
This anomaly was removed by the Ministry of Finance (Implementation cell) vide its Office Memorandum No. 71/3/2001-IC, dated 21. 2. 2002.( copy enclosed)
It is stated that the Librarians, Trained Graduate Teachers, Physical Education Teachers in the schools do require two degrees for their recruitment. That is, a Bachelor degree (B.A/BSc/B.Com.) and a degree in Education/Library & Information Science/Physical Education (B. Ed./ B,P.Ed./B.L.I.Sc) as the case may be. Hence they are given a minimum Grade pay of Rs.4,600. In the same manner Library and Information assistants too require two degrees i.e. a degree and a degree in Library & Information Science for their appointments. Hence it is justified that the Library and Information Assistants deserve to be placed in the grade pay of Rs. 4600.
I request the anomaly committee to render natural justice to the Library and Information Assistants as done in the 5th pay commission.

I request all the library staff to send their representation to the anomaly committee S R Sabapathi:)