PDA

View Full Version : Voluntary Retirement

tsk_nan
25-08-2009, 11:07 AM
i am working in a central Govt.controlled Autonomous corporation.i have submitted application for voluntary retirement due to some personal reasons with 3 month notice period and the corporation has accepted it vide an order. Now i wish to withdraw that application whether it is possible?my organisation is governed by central govt. regulations in all respects.please clarify soon so that i can apply for the same,there is 4-5 days remains for the 3 month period to end.i have not served the termination notice till now.any central govt. circular regarding the issue? any similar cases ?

VGNAMBIAR
25-08-2009, 01:29 PM
Dear Friend

As per the conditions mentioned in the Rules for voluntary retirement, an employee may withdraw, in writing, the notice of retirement already served by him. But this should be done within the intended date of retirement and is subject to acceptance of the request for withdrawal by the Appointing Authority.
You may therefore submit your request for withdrawal of the notice immediately.

Regards

Gopinathan

jitendraacr
25-08-2009, 10:37 PM
Dear friend
Since your application of VR has been accepted by the office and they issued order in this regard, I think it can not be withdrawn now. Three months period is given so that all formalities could be completed before release of the employee. In case office fails to accept VR within three months, it is considered as accepted on completion of three months. If order issued by the office contains the date of your relieving, there is no hope of withdrawl. Better you may try for withdrawl but with bleek hopes.
with best wishes
Jitendra

badri mannargudi
25-08-2009, 10:52 PM
i am working in a central Govt.controlled Autonomous corporation.i have submitted application for voluntary retirement due to some personal reasons with 3 month notice period and the corporation has accepted it vide an order. Now i wish to withdraw that application whether it is possible?my organisation is governed by central govt. regulations in all respects.please clarify soon so that i can apply for the same,there is 4-5 days remains for the 3 month period to end.i have not served the termination notice till now.any central govt. circular regarding the issue? any similar cases ?
Dear friends,
To the best of my knowledge, the querist can withdraw the notice with the permission of the Appointing Authority. (Rules 48and 48A, F.R 56.

Under the circumstances, it is not too late. The fact that the notice has been accepted is not a bar for seeking to withdraw the notice (any time before the expiry of notice period).
The querist may refer to Swamy's hand book, Chapter under the Heading Auitting other than "Super annuation"- Sub title:Voluntary Retirement.

The guiding factor is, the purpose of allowing three months notice to the individual is to enable the him/her to withdraw the notice/Application before the date on which the Voluntary Retirement comes into effect.

I hope my learned friend Jjee shall re-examine his view.
With regards,
Badri.

jitendraacr
25-08-2009, 11:15 PM
Respected Shri Badriji
I am fully convinced with your views and are not denying the facts qupted by you. But I have still a doubt that if order contains his relieving date, it simply means that all formalities has been over and therefore I think there is bleek hope that Appointing Authority will accept the notice of withdrawl. I wish that he may get whatever he desires. Sir, I am not the master on subject and keep learning from people like you. It is great to see that someone is keeping eye on me. It will encourage me to face the queries with more confidence in future.
with regards
Jitendra

tsk_nan
26-08-2009, 06:31 PM
tahnk you all of you for valuable advices,i have already given applicaton