PDA

View Full Version : Family Planning Allowance - certain peculiar circumstance

gconnect
22-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Mr.Subramanian of CPWD Department asked

In our CPWD one couple (both LDCs in our establishment) were working. When the wife underwent sterilization surgery, out of the two, her husband opted for the FAMILY PLANNING ALLOWANCE (Special pay- one increment).
However unfortunately he died about 4 years ago. Consequently the benefit for adopting small family i.e. F.P.A., stands stopped as the male official is no more.
Now his wife, who is working as LDC, is asking for the Family Planning Allowance which was granted to her husband based on her option.
LTC, Medical concessions are allowed to her. Is she eligible to get Family Planning Allowance also in the same analogy.?

jitendraacr
25-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Dear Administrator
I have gone through all relevant order in this regard but nothing is clarified in this regard. But as per my experience, I can say that this will be admissible to her since the operation was done on her and it has no meaning that her husband has expired now. She can claim for it and it will be given to her from next month of her husband's death. It can not be denied since it will defeat the purpose for which it is granted to an individual. Let her apply for it. n case deptt. denied her claim she may request the deptt. to seek clarification from DoP&T in this regard.
Jitendra

sailajanori
25-11-2009, 04:59 PM
An employee underwent Sterilization in 2006 and applied for FPA in 2009 and requested for arrears since 2009. Is it permissible?

badri mannargudi
25-11-2009, 05:47 PM
An employee underwent Sterilization in 2006 and applied for FPA in 2009 and requested for arrears since 2009. Is it permissible?

If the individual is eligible for the Allowance ( that is, if the individual's case satisfies all other conditions), then the claim shall not be rejected.

In fact, in my case, I could not get necessary certificate for some time it resulted in some delay ( about a year and six months, I think). I did not offer any explanation for the delay, either. I got it.
With regards,
Badri

naresh chandra
05-02-2012, 07:59 PM
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

naresh chandra
05-02-2012, 08:01 PM
c c c c c c c c c c c c c c