View Full Version : Seeking Expert opinion..

17-08-2009, 10:28 AM
I am referring one of my senior service matter for opinion please:
He is a Professor in a centrally funded technical institute under MHRD. This appointment of Professor is a Term appointment for 5 years and likely to be extended. Before this position he was associate professor in the same institution but in the other department, and he is on lien for Associate Professor Post. We want clarification on the following points:
1. If he does not get extension at the present post of Professor, then would he have to come back to his earlier post of Associate professor? If so, how will his salary be fixed?
2. If he gets extension of term at the post of Professor till retirement, then his Pension and other retirement benefit will be calculated at the last pay drawn at the post of Professor or Associate Professor?
PS- He got this Term appointment at the post of Professor on April 2006 through Open advertisement and in this institute Associate Professor and Professor both are in same pay band PB-4 with different AGP.

17-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Dear friend
As for as I know, professors are appointed on term basis against a regular post and hence if he will return back to his previous post after conclusion of his term, his pay in pay band will remain same but the Grade Pay of Associate Professor will be granted. Again, if he continued as Professor till retirement, his pensionary benefits will be calculated on the basis of his last pay drawn as Professor.