PDA

View Full Version : Classification of posts

vibhushri
14-08-2009, 08:38 PM
The EDP cadre post of Data Processing Assistant Grade B has been classified as GCS Group B Gazetted in the model recruitment rules 1998 by DOPT. Many ministry and departments have followed the classification as per model recruitment rules. Whether the classification of post is binding as per model recruitment rules? In what circumstances the ministry or department can classify a post differntly?

jitendraacr
14-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Dear friend
Model recruitment rules of DoP&T are not binding on Min/Deptt instead they are suggestive in nature. However it is a fact that all deptt follow the same classification as given in RRs of DoP&T. DoP&T issues separate guidelines for classification of posts which are based on Pay Scales(now Grade Pay) and that is binding on all. As regards classification of posts differently, It can be done by upgradation of post by the Deptt with proper justification that too with approval of MoF. However DoP&T guidelines on classification based on GP will applied here.
Jitendra

vibhushri
15-08-2009, 09:21 PM
The pay of Data Processing Assistant Grade B is 9300-34800 with grade pay 4600 as per 6cpc. All ministry and department have same pay and grade pay for this post. Most of the ministry and departments have classified the post as GCS Gr. B Gazetted while certain have classified it as CGS Gr. B Non-Gazetted. Can a cadre post classification can be different?

jitendraacr
16-08-2009, 08:43 PM
My dear friend
While the classification of posts is based on Grade Pay as stated above, declaring a post gazetted or non gazetted is department basis. If the deptt. feels a post is a supervisory in nature, it may declare the post as gazetted in its recruitment rules itself with the approval of MoF/DoP&T.
Jitendra

badri mannargudi
18-08-2009, 01:15 PM
My dear friend
While the classification of posts is based on Grade Pay as stated above, declaring a post gazetted or non gazetted is department basis. If the deptt. feels a post is a supervisory in nature, it may declare the post as gazetted in its recruitment rules itself with the approval of MoF/DoP&T.
Jitendra

The pay of Data Processing Assistant Grade B is 9300-34800 with grade pay 4600 as per 6cpc. All ministry and department have same pay and grade pay for this post. Most of the ministry and departments have classified the post as GCS Gr. B Gazetted while certain have classified it as CGS Gr. B Non-Gazetted. Can a cadre post classification can be different?

Dear friends,
I concur with the views of my learned friend JJee. Neither the nomenclature nor the same kind of job can be cited as a valid ground for demanding classification of a post as Gazetted or Non Gazetted, as the case may be. It is the respective Department which takes into account several aspects while formulating norms for classifying a post/cadre.

With regards,
Badri