PDA

View Full Version : Pension on Resignation

Priyavarshini
04-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Dear Sirs,

If a person resigns with a service of 10 years in Central govt due to personal reasons, whether he is eligible for pension? Can somebody clarify whats the position of his pension if he joins
(i) any PSU
(ii) any private organisation or
(iii) any practice of proffession or business

As per pension rules minimum qualyfying service is 10 years. Right?

I want to know whether the 10 years eligibility can be applied for RESIGNATION also.

Thank you

Priya

PBMVOCE
04-08-2009, 01:59 PM
A Govt. employee quitting service on resignation will not be entitled to any pension, gratuity or terminal benefits. He / she,however, be paid suo motu, cash equivalent to the extent of half of earned leave at his credit on the date of cessation of service, subject to a maximum of 150 days. Only when one applies for post in the same or another department(Govt.) through proper channel and on selection he is asked to resign the previous post for administrative reasons, the resignation will be treated as 'technical formality'. Resigning for personal reasons or for any private assignment will forfeit your pensionary rights.

sundarar
04-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Dear Sirs,

If a person resigns with a service of 10 years in Central govt due to personal reasons, whether he is eligible for pension? Can somebody clarify whats the position of his pension if he joins
(i) any PSU
(ii) any private organisation or
(iii) any practice of proffession or business

As per pension rules minimum qualyfying service is 10 years. Right?

I want to know whether the 10 years eligibility can be applied for RESIGNATION also.

Thank you

Priya

The Times of India dated 29.7.2009:
Pensionary benefits only after 20 years of service :CAT

A conductor with Delhi Transport Corporation from 1982 opted for VRS in 1993. He was grieved after he had not been given the pensionary benefits following retirement.
The Tribunal passed the order that he cannot claim pension, only for the reason that he had opted for the VRS. Qualifying service is essential for a govt. servant to claim pension as there is no relaxation permissible. The CAT noted that the pension scheme was there as per the CCS(Pension) Rules and minimum incumbency of 20 years of service was required for a person to claim pension as a matter of right. The PF and the gratuity was refunded to him as he had opted vor voluntary retirement scheme.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

With regard to PSU, in case the Govt. employee is on enmass
deputation to that PSU and on exercise of option to get absorbed in that PSU
either by retaining the pensionary benefits to draw combined pension or
to draw pro-rata pensionary benefits from the date of such absorption in PSU, if the terms and conditions of such absorption provide for the same.

Priyavarshini
05-08-2009, 11:57 PM
Thank you very much sirs.

Priya