PDA

View Full Version : Can a spouse of a Railway servant avail LTC ?

Anthony
23-07-2009, 04:53 AM
Dear friends,

One of my friends is working in Railways. His wife is working in a Central Excise. My friend has included her name in the privelage pass.

Can his wife avail LTC ?
Is there any restriction ?
Is there any rules with regard to this ?

Can any one kinndly clarify ?

Thanking you in advance.

Anthony

CGman
23-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Not eligible for LTC. (as per existing rules)

It is clearly mentioned in the rule that CG employees whose spouse is employed in "Railways and National Airways" are NOT ELIGIBLE for LTC.

It is time to change the above condition as some spouses are eligible for Flight fare in 6 CPC recommendation. Somebody should bring this to the notice of the authorities. As an affected person why don't you take up the case.

CGman
24-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Please see a similar discussion on this issue at the following link

http://gconnect.in/forums/showthread.php?t=351 (http://gconnect.in/forums/showthread.php?t=351)

jitendraacr
24-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Dear Anthony
As I know, spouse of Railway servants are not eligible for LTC. They are however eligible for encashment of leave at the time of availing LTC of his/her spouse.
Jitendra

bharvi
30-07-2009, 04:30 PM
I too have the same problem. I am now entitled to travel by air but I am not eligible for LTC just because my wife is working in Railways. I think there is a need to take up the matter with the authorities.
Bharvi

jitendraacr
30-07-2009, 08:45 PM
Dear friends
LTC rules of Railways employees were always different but nobody raised a voice against it, only because these were perhaps more beneficial to them. Now after allowing LTC travel by Air, Railway employees are thinking to get these rules changed. Is it so easy?They should raise their voice to Railway authorities but hopes are bleek. It is a fact that they have to fought their own battle, no one else will do it for them.
Jitendra
Jitendra

haringp
31-07-2009, 02:22 PM
it is clear both husband and wife cannot claim LTC. similarly by virtue of being in railway, spouse has benefit of railway pass anywhere in india
if the criterion is relaxed for those with railway spouses, then it would also allow both husband and wife working in central govt to avail 2 seperate sets of LTC.
but if they make any provision where the spouse in railway relinquishes pass facilty during service, some window can be made.

jaleelethiyil
22-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Sir,
As far as ltc is concerned the working couples have to face so many problem if one of them working in railways as spouse of railway employee working in govt service is not eligible for ltc.The following points to be considered.
1)Criteria for eligibility condition of 2TAC privilage pass and and the same in ltc is defferent.Now the facility of flight travel cannot enjoy for the spouse and children of the railway employee as no such facility in railways.
2)Privilage pass is issueing from one station to another station on shortest route and it is very defficult for the couples working in defferent stations and even one member of the family traveled,the pass will treated as invalid.
3)An employee posted in NE region or any island cannot enjoy any traveling concession if his/her spouse happened to be in railways.
4)Definition of family in railways cover only spouse and children and parents of both husband and wife have to suffer due to this rule.
5)If both husband and wife working in railways,contrary to ltc rule,both can draw pass from their own account with all members name in both pass.
6)Spouse of railway employee will not eligible for ltc even if the railway employee have not been draw any pass.
7)In railways,with holding of previlage pass is one of the clause of minor penalty and the question of not availing pass is meaningless.Even the pass withhold,the spouse will not eligible for ltc.
8)For the working couples,always travelling together to home town is not possible due to official reason.
All are requested to highlight above problem to change the ltc rule.

RKPATHAK
23-11-2010, 12:30 PM
Where spouse is employed in railways or airlines the gs not eligible for ltc

pr.meena
31-10-2011, 08:09 PM
As regarding pass becoming invalid Railway has a provision to get split pass.

jaleelethiyil
31-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Sir,
Availing split pass is not easy and railway administration is not entertaining such type of claims.Another thing the validity of split pass is only for one month where reservation starts 3 months in advance.

RKPATHAK
01-11-2011, 04:10 PM
No admissible

pr.meena
02-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Split pass validity is 4 months.Just that passes shall be issued within a period of one month.