PDA

View Full Version : El after maternatity leave

devsingla123
22-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Dear members,
i have taken maternatity leave of 6 months.can i take el of 2 months wirh this ?

jitendraacr
22-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Dear friend
Yes, you can take 2 months EL in continuation of maternity leave.
Jitendra

devsingla123
23-07-2009, 11:15 AM
i have applied for EL ,but department denied due to shortage of staff.what i should do now?

jitendraacr
23-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Dear friend
This may be a problem since leave can not be taken as right and office can ask you to return from leave due to office exegencies. Try to convince your officer or you may take leave on medical grounds by submitting medical certificate recommending rest for you. It will however be better to join the office first and convince your officer regarding necessity of leave to avoid any conflict in future.
Jitendra

DoToff
16-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Seniors,

pls provide your studious opinions:

An officer in my unit has already availed of commuted HPL with a medical certificate. Now further he wants to continue his leave and has applied for EL in continuation citing the same medical grounds and medical certificate submitted.
My query is -- whether this EL can be sought/granted in continuation with the HPL?
-DotOff

ramanrao60
16-07-2010, 02:06 PM
there is no bar on combining el with hpl or vice versa

RKPATHAK
16-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Though leave cannnot be claimed as a matter of right, but your supervisors should consider the need for child care of newly born baby and sympathetically consider your request and grant leave. You may also take child care leave