PDA

View Full Version : denial of transport allowance to vacational staff

teacher2009
17-07-2009, 04:02 PM
dear sir,
I am a teacher in an institution run by central govt. We are elegible for 8 casual leaves in a year with 60 days vacation in a year.Though other employees in this instt get EL and medical leave, we get 10 days PL which we convert into EL OR Medical leave. We are denied transport allowance for the month of may as we go for vacation. I would like to know whether my institute is justified in doing so, as vacation is part of my work- package.

tvenkatam
19-07-2009, 10:36 PM
dear sir,
I am a teacher in an institution run by central govt. We are elegible for 8 casual leaves in a year with 60 days vacation in a year.Though other employees in this instt get EL and medical leave, we get 10 days PL which we convert into EL OR Medical leave. We are denied transport allowance for the month of may as we go for vacation. I would like to know whether my institute is justified in doing so, as vacation is part of my work- package.

Dear Friend,

The rules in this regard are very clear. It is unfortunate that the transport allowance can not be claimed if you do not attend office at headquarters during the entire calendar month (including the prefixing/suffixing holidays) due to leave, tour, vacation, etc.

CGman
22-07-2009, 02:15 PM
Is your institution directly under central Govt. (where CCS rules are applicable) ? OR under a society formed by a particular organisation (which is under central Govt.).

teacher2009
22-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Is your institution directly under central Govt. (where CCS rules are applicable) ? OR under a society formed by a particular organisation (which is under central Govt.).

Thanks for the reply. now I have another querry regarding the transport allowance. Do we require full one months attendance to claim it? we teachers generally come to work during vacation for atleast week. Can we claim the transport allowance for the month of May? kindly guide us.

jitendraacr
22-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Dear friend
Only one day attendance in entire calender month is sufficient for withdrawl of Tpt. allowance.
Jitendra

naresh chandra
23-07-2009, 04:50 PM
Dear Jitendra,
At present teachers are paid tpt allowance propotionately for the period of their attendance. i.e. if the school reopens on 15th of June only 16days allowance is paid to the teachers. You have mentioned that only one day present is enough to claim tpt. allowance for full month, if there is any such rule, please provide the link so that the concerned employees can show it in their respective offices.
Regards.

jitendraacr
23-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Dear Shri Naresh
I am not well versed in rules applicable to teaching staff. But what I have mentioned is applicable in Central Govt. and for that purpose Tpt allowance is deductable only if employee remain absent for full calender month. These rules are available in Swamys Books. You may refer Handbook.
Jitendra

naresh chandra
23-07-2009, 10:08 PM
Dear Mr. Jitendra,
Thank you for valuable guidance.
Regards

rana_57
12-10-2009, 07:24 AM
Sir I am a Teacher in delhi govt school. I performed the election duty in May 2009 on 5th and 7th May 2009. Now the Question is whether Transport Allowance for the month May should be paid to me or not. My DDO told me that I will not be treated on duty in election duty for the purpose of Transport Allowance. Although Head of School (Principal) had ordered in order book to perform Election Duty.
RANA