PDA

View Full Version : Amendment in air travel rules

mrajeev
13-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Vide OM No.19024/1/2009-E.IV dated 13/07/2009, Ministry of Finance has made it compulsory to use Air India flights for Domestic and International Travel on Government funded Trips.

PRD Fernandez
14-07-2009, 07:39 AM
Yes, Good step. Damage control and indirect bailout package to Air India

Fernandez

PBMVOCE
14-07-2009, 10:05 AM
Yes, Good step. Damage control and indirect bailout package to Air India

Fernandez
Does the orders covers LTC entitlements also ?

haringp
14-07-2009, 02:43 PM
order clearly says, wherever the travel is funded by GOI, only Air India travel is allowed.
So for LTC air travel by air india is only allowed henceforth( wef 13/07/09).
Order is not clear about the tickets already booked.
if somebody has non refundable ticket in pvt airline, he may not get re-imbursement.

jitendraacr
14-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Dear friend
If tickets have already been booked, reimbursement can not be denied. After the date of issue of order, it is mandatory for every one going on Tour/LTC, to go by Air India.
Jitendra

haringp
15-07-2009, 11:08 AM
clarity about already booked tickets, should have been in order itself.
now there shall be representations and they have to wait for clarifications.
earlier when there GOI order abt LTC80 fares there was clear cut off dates and clarity about tickets already booked.

pk9591
16-07-2009, 08:08 PM
dear friends,

If one is entitled for 2nd class AC tier and travels by air by air india, will he be entitled for by paying difference between 2nd ac fare and air india fare as per earlier entitlements.

Thanks

jarunan
16-07-2009, 08:42 PM
good we would get to travel in cock pits and jump seats.:)

venkatcustoms
17-07-2009, 12:14 PM
dear friends,

If one is entitled for 2nd class AC tier and travels by air by air india, will he be entitled for by paying difference between 2nd ac fare and air india fare as per earlier entitlements.

Thanks

Yes. As per rules, you have to pay only the difference between 2nd AC fare and Air India fare.

CGman
21-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Yes. As per rules, you have to pay only the difference between 2nd AC fare and Air India fare.

PROVIDED:

There is an airport at both the places (source and destination). If the destination airport is different from the railway station, then the calculation is based on the proportional distance travelled in different classes to reach the destination (from airport).

SSTGGN
26-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Sir,

This circular says that

"that in all cases of air travel both domestic
and international where the Government of India bears the cost of air passage, the officials concerned may travel only by air India."

when you are travelling by air and restricting air passage to rail fair of your entitled class, why you should not be allowed to travel by private airline because in this case Govt is not bearing AIR passage cost but only paying you rail fare of ur entitled class.

Please comment and give some opinion

Regards

SST

jitendraacr
26-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Dear friend
You are absolutely right but intention behind this condition is to give some advantage to Air India which is facing acute financial crisis. It is like that where only Govt owned transports are allowed for travelling during LTC/Tour. It is also a fact that some times we may get cheaper air fare from pvt airlines then the fair of air india on a particular route. But to save a ovt owned company is not a bad idea since we are also a part of that government.
Jitendra

SSTGGN
27-08-2009, 09:59 AM
I'm talking about non-entitled persons
those who are entitled for air travel can bear as same is fully reimbursed but non-entitled persons can get fair upto rail fair and this airline is too costly compared to others
like if i travel from Del to Ahmedabad it costs around 3200 for return which is almost equal to 2nd AC of Rajdhani but by air india everyone can't afford to pay the difference and to the govt. air travel also saves on account of DA. Just for the benefit of one company Govt is overpaying from the money of taxpayers.

However I'm talking about language of order, which says "where the Government of India bears the cost of air passage," and in case of non-entitled persons' TA bill govt bears the cost of RAIL PASSAGE only, rest is to be paid by person himself.

Please guide or can we seek clarification on this?

parthava
01-10-2009, 02:18 PM
Can any one clarify this:
When one is to make a halt to get connecting flights, whether he can get the hotel and food bills reimbursed ? For example to go to North East or Port Blair, one may have halt at Kolkotta for next day morning flights.

vidhi
22-02-2010, 09:35 PM

sir,
is there any OM to support my claim for reimbursement of differential fare.my ltc bill is still pending.

thanks
vidhi

vidhi
22-02-2010, 10:35 PM

PROVIDED:

There is an airport at both the places (source and destination). If the destination airport is different from the railway station, then the calculation is based on the proportional distance travelled in different classes to reach the destination (from airport).

sir,
I am a Gr B officer. I need relevant OM to support my claim for reimbursement of difference between 2AC fare and air fare.
OM No 31011/2/2006-Estt(A) dt 03.12.2007 says that entitled class train fare would be reimbursed to even a non entitled officer who has traveled by private airlines.
Has OM No 31011/2/2006-Estt(A) dt 03.12.2007 been superseded by OM No 31011/2/2006-Estt(A) dt 27/07/2009
thank
vidhi

tvenkatam
24-02-2010, 08:02 AM
sir,
I am a Gr B officer. I need relevant OM to support my claim for reimbursement of difference between 2AC fare and air fare.
OM No 31011/2/2006-Estt(A) dt 03.12.2007 says that entitled class train fare would be reimbursed to even a non entitled officer who has traveled by private airlines.
Has OM No 31011/2/2006-Estt(A) dt 03.12.2007 been superseded by OM No 31011/2/2006-Estt(A) dt 27/07/2009
thank
vidhi

Dear Friend,

Orders issued thereafter have made it mandatory to travel by economy/LTC 80 class of journey by Air India if the LTC claim is to be entertained for reimbursement. Under these circumstances, in case of non-entitled employees the claim limited to the entitled class of journey can be admitted only if the journey is performed by the ‘eligible mode of journey’ i.e. Air India.