PDA

View Full Version : Ltc

Mitakanjilal
12-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Dear friend .
I want to know that my husband residing abroad , he i s a pensioner .He will come INDIA this year, I want to go to south India. Should I claim LTC for him. I am a central GOVT. employee(ESIC).He is getting pension from Holland& a citizen of Holland.
M Kanjilal.

tvenkatam
13-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Dear Madam,

“Family” for the purposes of LTC includes wife or husband wholly dependent on the Government Servant whether or not residing with Government Servant. A member of the ‘Family’ whose income from all sources, including pension but excluding dearness relief in pension or stipend etc., does not exceed Rs 1500 p.m. is deemed to be wholly dependent on the Government Servant.

CGman
13-07-2009, 02:00 PM
Dear Madam,

“Family” for the purposes of LTC includes wife or husband wholly dependent on the Government Servant whether or not residing with Government Servant. A member of the ‘Family’ whose income from all sources, including pension but excluding dearness relief in pension or stipend etc., does not exceed Rs 1500 p.m. is deemed to be wholly dependent on the Government Servant.

Definition of Family is: (CCS LTC Rules)

1. Central Govt servants wife/husband
2. Two surviving unmarried children or step children, unmarried minor brothers, sisters etc. who are wholly depended upon govt servant.

The definition of dependency (Rs. 1500 (old) and recently Minimum Central pension) is applicable to the members shown in Sl No: 2 ONLY. That is why employed spouses(other than CG offices) of CG employees are allowed to avail LTC irrespective of their income limit (order 25).

As per my understanding no where in the existing rule mention about bar of LTC for such cases. Hence, I think she can avail LTC for her husband.