PDA

View Full Version : Annual Increment as per 6th CPC

Vijendra Kumar
12-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Dear Members of gconnect,
As per 6CPC, Annual Increment is given on 1st of July each year. I got my last increment on 1st July 2008 and I retired on 30th June 2009, after having earned the Annual Increment by completing ONE YEAR's period.

I have not been given the increment on the plea that I am not in service as on 1st July 2009 !

I understand that the Ministry has issued some orders to the effect that increment in such cases be given.

Can any one be so kind to send me the copy of that letter. My email id is kumarvijendra@gmail.com

Thanks

tvenkatam
12-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Dear Mr. Kumar,

It is unfortunate that you are the one among the many who retired in June just before earning the next annual increment. There appears to be no orders of Government to grant of annual increment before completion of one year period from earning the last increment.

jitendraacr
12-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Dear friend
Unfortunately there is no order issued by the government on it.
Sorry
Jitendra

Vijendra Kumar
13-07-2009, 09:43 AM
Dear Mr. Kumar,

It is unfortunate that you are the one among the many who retired in June just before earning the next annual increment. There appears to be no orders of Government to grant of annual increment before completion of one year period from earning the last increment.

dear Jitendraacr Sir & dear Venkatam Sir,
Thanks for the reply. There is a policy letter from the Ministry, an old one, which says that if a person's birthday falls on 1st day of the next month and if he is retiring in the previous month, then this person is entitled to annual increment if he has completed 12 months period. Don't you think that this ruling explains the principle that if a person has completed 12 months service, he has 'earned' the increment. A person retiring on 30th June has 'earned' the increment on 30th june itself and from 1st July, he has been moved to 'Pension Establishment' i.e. he still remains on the rolls of the government of India. So is there not a solid case to take up this anomaly with the government and solve this problem. You will be surprised to know that on 30th June 2009, a total of 73 officers, staff & workmen retired with me from my factory working under MoD. So if a new ruling is obtained from the Ministry, a very large number of employees will be benefited.
See if something can be done for this anomaly.
With best regards

Vijendra Kumar

Bjohn
02-07-2012, 12:33 PM
Anybody have the GR related higher rate of increment of 4 percent may be offered to a maximum of twenty
five percent of those in the pay band 15600-39100 based on better performance. How many times a employee can get this increment continuously?