PDA

View Full Version : housing + grade pay linked eleigibility vis-a-vis earlier basic pay eligiblity

shrikant_hosabale
22-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Hi recently CG order issued specifying grade pay-wise eligibility for different types of governement accommodations, eg. TYPE IV for Rs. 5400 grade pay etc....

i wish to know -
if an employee whose earlier pay was Rs. 8000/- basic and was eligible to stay in TYPE IV quarter
now placed (as per 6cpc ) in grade pay Rs. 4800 /- . Can he continue to stay in the same quarter without burden of additional license fee being charged for ineligible/higher grade accommodation

jitendraacr
22-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Dear Shrikant
Your query is geniune but there is no any clarification in this regard, as I know. But what my experience says, the new grade system will be applicable in new allotments only. What has been given earlier will not change or no any extra burden will come in your way. happy living
Jitendra

tvenkatam
22-05-2009, 09:48 PM
Hi recently CG order issued specifying grade pay-wise eligibility for different types of governement accommodations, eg. TYPE IV for Rs. 5400 grade pay etc....

i wish to know -
if an employee whose earlier pay was Rs. 8000/- basic and was eligible to stay in TYPE IV quarter
now placed (as per 6cpc ) in grade pay Rs. 4800 /- . Can he continue to stay in the same quarter without burden of additional license fee being charged for ineligible/higher grade accommodation

Dear Friend,

Vide para 16 of the Annexure 1 to the MACPS Order dated 19.05.2009, on grant of financial upgradation, benefits linked to the pay drawn by an employee such as allotment of Government accommodation shall be permitted.

jitendraacr
22-05-2009, 11:15 PM
dear venkat
sorry to interfere but this is not the case of financial upgradation. earlier eligibility for accomodation allotment was decided on the basis of basic pay without going through in the pay scale. this is not the case now hence the doubt arisen.
Jitendra

tvenkatam
23-05-2009, 08:26 AM
Dear Mr. Jitendra,

I agree with your clarification.