PDA

View Full Version : Cost ceiling of flat the govt. employee can buy

pk9591
12-05-2009, 07:24 PM
Can somebody throw some light on this issue that what is cost ceiling of flat (including cost of land) the central govt emloyee can buy after the implementation of the Sixth CPC?
The govt. has issued order of cost ceiling of flat to the maximum extent of Rs.30 lakhs and relaxable to the extent of 25% of maximum limit i.e.30 lakhs at the discretion of the administrative ministry(excluding cost of land). Is this applicable to all from Top to bottom?

rds443
12-05-2009, 10:19 PM
This limit is for cost of land+construction cost. Relaxation is on construction cost hence the amount depends on what cost is shown as construction cost. This ceiling apply to all staff and officers top to bottom.

pk9591
14-05-2009, 07:36 AM
If I wish to buy flat costing around Rs.50 lakhs, can I buy the same by making my own financial arrangments by taking permission from Govt. of India.

As you all must be aware that in metros like Delhi even if u wish to buy a MIG flat it cost you around 50 lakhs. Is the cost ceiling is too low after the implementation of Sixth CPC. I want the senior members to give their opinions in this matter and have healthy discussion to have some fruitful results.

tvenkatam
15-05-2009, 02:32 PM
If I wish to buy flat costing around Rs.50 lakhs, can I buy the same by making my own financial arrangments by taking permission from Govt. of India.

As you all must be aware that in metros like Delhi even if u wish to buy a MIG flat it cost you around 50 lakhs. Is the cost ceiling is too low after the implementation of Sixth CPC. I want the senior members to give their opinions in this matter and have healthy discussion to have some fruitful results.

Dear Friend,

When it is not intended to avail HBA for construction or purchase of ready built house, then there is no cost ceiling applicable.

The CCS (Conduct) Rules will, however, come into play and the transaction will be with the previous knowledge of the competent authority. The authority will ensure the following:
- Genuine sources of income/funds reported;
- No transaction with persons having official dealings;
- The property to be acquired for bonafide purposes;
- The price is reasonable market price and does not involve any
element of profiteering or speculation;
- No transaction in exercise of any undue official influence.

jitendraacr
15-05-2009, 10:34 PM
Dear friend
Yes no cost ceiling if u are not availing HBA but u have to prove that u can manage the funds within known source of ur income. And also that you are able o pay all ur EMI easily.
Jitendra