PDA

View Full Version : LTC to Amarnath shrine

kailashbansal
09-05-2009, 06:18 PM
dear members
i am a serving defence officer.... however in the ambiguity that persist and no 'OFFICIAL' carrier available, is there a means by which one can avail LTC for Shri Amarnath shrine ?. May I request the members to quote any authority/ leave rule etc which may come in handy.
regards
kailash

PS Couple of years back some kind of LTC provison was made for Andaman & Nicobar Islands and also for J&K (Srinagar).

rds443
12-05-2009, 10:14 PM
Regular Bus Services from SriNagar to Baltal/Pahalgaon on scheduled teriff are available during yatra season. One can claim LTC by Bus upto Baltal/Pahalgaon, which one has shortest distance, and from Baltal/Pahalgaon you can claim horse/pony for which scheduled rates are also available.

Alternatevely, if your elegibility permits you can also use helicopter service from SriNagar to the Shrine. I think they operates under the Government Permit. Probably Pawan Hans has a service from SriNagar to the Shrine.

kailashbansal
20-05-2009, 09:09 AM
having said as much.... it isn't clear any more. request further deliberation by senior member or someone who is working in departmet dealing with such cases.