PDA

View Full Version : EL encashment for spouse

haringp
20-04-2009, 12:54 PM
if husband avails LTC, can spouse avail EL enchashment ?
The new order says both husband and wife can avail EL encashment.
I am not too sure on this.

jitendraacr
21-04-2009, 08:37 PM
yes my dear friend. Both can take leave encashment. It is also applicable in the case where husband or wife is working in PSU.
Jitendra

badri mannargudi
05-06-2009, 12:18 PM
if husband avails LTC, can spouse avail EL enchashment ?
The new order says both husband and wife can avail EL encashment.
I am not too sure on this.

I am afraid the query has been wrongly understood by jjee.(Or have iI?)

If "X" avails LTC, for that particular LTC, for obvious reasons the spouse "y" can not seek Leave Encashment.

By the way, the Nature of leave and number of days of leave have been delinked from Leave Encashment of 10 days at the time of LTC. This is great news for some officers. (Even this may not help the querist if my understanding of the question is correct)
Pl visit the link,
http://persmin.gov.in/WriteData/CircularNotification/ScanDocument/14028_4_2009-Estt.(L)0001.pdf

haringp
08-06-2009, 12:10 PM
in fact the office has permitted both of them to avail EL encashment on same LTC, but only one claim.

mrajeev
01-07-2009, 06:22 AM
I am afraid the query has been wrongly understood by jjee.(Or have iI?)

If "X" avails LTC, for that particular LTC, for obvious reasons the spouse "y" can not seek Leave Encashment.

By the way, the Nature of leave and number of days of leave have been delinked from Leave Encashment of 10 days at the time of LTC. This is great news for some officers. (Even this may not help the querist if my understanding of the question is correct)
Pl visit the link,
http://persmin.gov.in/WriteData/CircularNotification/ScanDocument/14028_4_2009-Estt.(L)0001.pdf

Dear Badriji,
You had misunderstood the matter. If both husband and wife are working (In Govt / PSUs), only one of them can avail LTC. However, if both of them proceed on LTC for a Block Year, both can avail Leave Encashment. Only proof required to be given is that the spouse had availed LTC from his/her office for both. This equally applies to Railway Employees, who use the Pass facility instead of LTC.