After retirement from Govt. service

1. How you are engaged yourself ?

2. Manage your financial positions and

3. How to supplement one's income ?
[
Those who are on the verge of retirement

What is your future plan on the above?
Sir
I was working for an International org. contracted to work till I would be 65. We - my wife & I -decided that I should retire from employment after my 60th birthday ( having been an employee for 40 years).
We adopted a lifestyle which enables us to live within our pension & savings. We do not accept money for our voluntary services - in fact I am as busy as I was in employment.
But these are personal preferences.
To respond to your quries

All of us - especially those who have been in employment have a fund of knoledge, skills, contacts etc. These can be made available to those who need them, cant afford them. Example - teaching the children around ones place ofresidence language skills. Visiting nearby hospitals to offer letter writing- formfilling, reading news, books etc. There are more organised ways too- they would be visble if you look carefully.
Managing finances would depend on 'need'. I park my savings in 8% return post tax deposits - safety of principal being the prime objective. I do not speculate or search for the 'kill' in the market.
Supplementing ones income would depend on ones budget - requirements. In my case my children are married, settled?, we live a modest life, though a busy one where in demands of additional money is not there. I do not know if we need any expensive medical attention at a later date ( I am a member of RELHS scheme)
If it is ok, where do you live after retirement ?