View Full Version : Pay fixation of upgraded scales -already reached upgrded pay under macp.

19-08-2016, 10:19 AM
I seek your clarification w.r.t. to pay fixation for myself in my department.

I joined as an Inspector w.e.f. 15-11-1999. My grade pay was then Rs.4600/-. I was granted grade pay of Rs.4800/- under MACP w.e.f. 14-11-2009 after completion of 10 years in one grade pay.

Now, the 7th CPC has upgraded the grade pay of Inspectors of CBI to Rs.4800/- from Rs.4600/-. I am already drawing the grade pay of Rs.4800/-(Level-8) under MACP w.e.f. 14-11-2009. Now, I requested my department to fix the pay in the next level i.e. GP Rs.5400/- (Level -9), the level corresponding to the upgraded grade pay, in view of the MACP granted to me w.e.f. 14-11-2009. However, my department is asking the details of pay fixation of similar category in the Govt of India. Please offer your clarifications.

19-08-2016, 06:07 PM
how to post in forum??

26-08-2016, 08:53 AM
Respected Victor Sir,
Can u help in clarifying this point, waiting for it, similar cases in our department also, thanks in advance

08-10-2016, 04:30 PM
Sir, I have joined autonomous body after submitting technical resignation from pure central government office. Earlier i was UDC in the Grade pay of Rs. 2400/-. Now i have joined for the post of Personal Assistant in the GP 4600/- in the month of March 2014. My past service of 12 years was also counted in the new department. In the new department annual increment as on July 2014 was not given on the ground that minimum six months has to be completed in the new post. Now, I have seen one DoPT latest OM dated No. 28020/1/2010-Estt.(C) dated 17th August, 2016, in which para 2.4 clearly states as follows: -

2.4 Pay Protection, eligibility of past service for reckoning of the minimum period for grant of Annual Increment In cases of appointment of a Government servant to another post in Government on acceptance of technical resignation, the protection of pay is given in terms of the Ministry of Finance OM No. 3379-E.III (B)/65 dated the 17 th June, 1965 read with proviso to FR 22-B. Thus, if the pay fixed in the new post is less than his pay in the post he holds substantively, he will draw the presumptive pay of the pay he holds substantively as define in FR-9(24). Past service rendered by such a Government servant is taken into account fed r reckoning of the minimum period for grant of annual increment in the new post/ service/ cadre In in Government under the provisions of FR 26 read with Rule 10 of CCS (RP) Rules, 2016. case the Government servant rejoins his earlier posts, he will be entitled to increments for the period of his absence from that post.

Since past service rendered by me in the previous department was counted in the new department and the same has also tobe counted for for reckoning of the minimum period for grant of annual increment in the new post/ service/ cadre I am of the opinion that annual increment as on 01.07.2014 has to be granted.

In view of the above, kindly confirm whether I am entitled for Annual increment of July 2014 or not ?

Thanking you,