PDA

View Full Version : Whether GP corresponds to the scale or the post as on 1.1.06.

DoToff
13-04-2009, 03:43 PM
In a situation where (as on 1.1.06) I am officiating in higher post but not yet receiving the(prerevised) pay scale corresponding to this higher post (i.e. I am still getting scale of lower post even with revision of pay by application of FR35) , should I get GP of 'higher post' OR GP of lower (prerevised)scale?

Can senior members throw some light on this?
-DoToff

tvenkatam
14-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Rule 7 (1) (A) (iii) of the CCS (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008 states that in addition to the pay in the pay band, Grade Pay corresponding to the ‘existing scale’ will be payable at the time of fixation of initial pay in the revised pay structure. Rule 3 (2) defines the ‘existing scale’ as the present scale applicable to the post held by the Government servant (or, as the case may be, personal scale applicable to him) as on the 1st day of January, 2006 whether in a substantive or officiating capacity.

Accordingly, it is the ‘existing scale’ of pay as on 01.01.2006 that matters for determining the Grade Pay and not the post.

DoToff
24-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Sir, I think by definition 'existing scale ' is linked to the post by the wordings "....present scale as applicable to the POST..."

Thus Grade pay is linked to 'existing scale' which in turn is linked to 'present scale' in turn is linked to the POST , thus Grade pay is to be linked to the POST (finally) as held by the Govt servant or to say in other words it is the POST (held by the Govt servant in substantive/officiating capacity) which determines the GRADE PAY.

Thus I have concluded in my case that I should get GP for my officiating (higher)post even though I had not yet 'reached' the (pre revised) higher scale.

Pls correct me if I am wrong Sir.

-DoToff

tvenkatam
26-04-2009, 07:57 AM
Sir, I think by definition 'existing scale ' is linked to the post by the wordings "....present scale as applicable to the POST..."

Thus Grade pay is linked to 'existing scale' which in turn is linked to 'present scale' in turn is linked to the POST , thus Grade pay is to be linked to the POST (finally) as held by the Govt servant or to say in other words it is the POST (held by the Govt servant in substantive/officiating capacity) which determines the GRADE PAY.

Thus I have concluded in my case that I should get GP for my officiating (higher)post even though I had not yet 'reached' the (pre revised) higher scale.

Pls correct me if I am wrong Sir.

-DoToff

You are eligible for grant of the grade pay corresponding to the pre-revised pay scale in which you have been drawing pay as on 01.01.2006