PDA

View Full Version : merger problem

sanchali
31-08-2015, 06:15 PM
Sir,

As per recommendation of sixth pay commision what should be the date of merger of two post. We are getting the financial benefits since 2006. 1st jan 2006 , should be the date of merger. Is it correct? Can a employee who join the office in the year 2010. get the seniority than the employee who are in office since twenty five years. Kindly let me know . This problem is creating confusion among the employees.

soodeep
01-09-2015, 08:17 AM
Sir,

As per recommendation of sixth pay commision what should be the date of merger of two post. We are getting the financial benefits since 2006. 1st jan 2006 , should be the date of merger. Is it correct? Can a employee who join the office in the year 2010. get the seniority than the employee who are in office since twenty five years. Kindly let me know . This problem is creating confusion among the employees.

As per 6 CPC, any merger of posts came into effect from Jan 2006. But, a different situation was there in the following example. Say Post A (non-gazetted) merged with post B (Gazetted) and the old post A has been abolished from the date of publishing report of 6 CPC. But, no clear instruction was issued for the employees holding post A between Jan 2006 & Aug 2008 and probably they did not get upgradation automatically but fixed their pay with corresponding pre-merged scale. Obviously, stepping up was different issue.

In response to second query, though answer was apparently negative, I have nothing to say without details.

soodeep

Ramnath
01-09-2015, 07:38 PM
Pl. give the exact details and then raise your query. If I have knowledge in that, I will post the reply here.

The Merger date is effective from 1.1.2006. A person who joins the department as DR can draw more pay than a promotee because as 6th Pay Commn, DR in a post can get different starting pay with applicable grade pay whereas a promotee can draw the starting of Pay band with applicable grade pay.
Ramnath.