PDA

View Full Version : Joining Time - Continuous Travel By Road - Clarification Required

rsk11584
10-09-2014, 07:54 PM
Dear Friends,

I need the clarification on how to calculate the joining time. As per CCS Rules the Joining Time for two places (NewHQ , Old HQ) having distance of 1000-2000 kms is 12 days & 15 days where the transfer necessarily involves continuous travel by road for more than 200 kms.

Now I am confused as to how to calculate the Joining Time for the below staff(s) who got transferred from Aurangabad (Maharashtra) to Chennai with distance of 1400 Km between the two HQ . All three transfers are in Public Interest and transfer expenses to be paid by Office.

The Travel Itinirary of the Staff is as below:

Staff A - GP 7600 - took flight from Aurangabad to Mumbai & another Flight from Mumbai to Chennai

Staff B - GP 4600 - travelled by Bus from Aurangabad to Pune (240 Kms) & then from Pune to Chennai by Flight. (Staff not eligible for Air Travel, but claimed the Railway Fare)

Staff C - GP 4200 took flight from Aurangabad to Mumbai & another Flight from Mumbai to Chennai ((Staff not eligible for Air Travel, but claimed the Railway Fare)

Can anyone explain what will be the joining time admissible for the above staffs A, B & C.

Also how to interpret Joining Time admissible where the transfer necessarily involves continuous travel by road for more than 200 kms.

As I feel it will be easy for me to understand with example, I gave examples.

Victor
14-09-2014, 08:56 PM
In all three cases, the joining time admissible would be 12 days since the case does not involve "necessarily continuous travel by road for more than 200 kms"

Victor

rsk11584
17-09-2014, 03:41 AM
But Sir what about the travel by road till Pune 240 Km continuous travel.

Victor
17-09-2014, 09:25 AM
Was the road travel "necessarily involved"?.

Victor