PDA

View Full Version : First Anniversary

badri mannargudi
24-03-2009, 08:52 AM
Dear friends!
I am very glad to know that the forum GConnect steps into Second Year today. Many more happy returns of the day.
I place on record my profound thanks to all those friends who enlightened me in the past.
Special Thanks to Sarvashree V.Natarajanjee, Sundararjeee, Khannaujee, Jitenderjee, Sudarshanajee and Narayananjee are placed on record, too.

With regards,
Badri

vnatarajan
24-03-2009, 09:49 AM
Dear Gconnect/ Its Team/All

MANY MORE RETURNS OF THE HAPPY DAY. MAY YOU CONTINUE TO SERVE THE INTEREST OF THE COMMUNITY OF GOVT.SERVANTS? PENSIONERS AND OTHERS FOR A LONG LONG TIME!

I , several co pensioners from the Pensioners' Forum, Chennai ,other well-wishers of pensioners, and friends greet the Gconnect ,its Administrators/ Owners on their successful completion of the first year of their "GconnectIn" website- cum-social network in an extraordinary manner maintaining International Standards (or even more)!.

We are also grateful to Gconnect for providing us the pensioners with a powerful and effective platform to disseminate important information without loss of time and also to exchange our views in a rapid manner.

On this occassion we all wish Gconnect to grow in strength and stature day after day and continue to serve the cause of the much neglected and exploited segment of the Nation- Govt. servants, with vigour and vision.

All the best

VNatarajan
Retd. Dy Director General, GSI; President, Pensioners' Forum (affiliated to AIFPA (Regd), Chennai);Associate Member, RREWA

jayalan
24-03-2009, 11:30 AM
MANY MANY HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY -

SO MANY THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENTS PATTED ON MY BACK FOR THE SQUIRIL SERVICE I HAVE RENDERED TO THE GCONNECTIN ON THE WAY OF ITS DEVELOPMENT " I wish to convey my Thanks the people who love me because they like something in me - so I wish to DEVELOP IT

I wish to confirm the success of G connect is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. The uniqueness at the same time simple in approach that too well timed was the success key of the Gconnect team; I can rightly quote " Go by not going where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson " Hats Off.

Once Former President of India APJ Abdul Kalam quoted about his experience. I dedicate this true words of APJ to the GConnect management Team by projecting us to the lime light and keep themselves back.

" In 1973 I became the project director of India's satellite launch vehicle program, commonly called the SLV-3. Our goal was to put India's "Rohini" satellite into orbit by 1980. I was given funds and human resources -- but was told clearly that by 1980 we had to launch the satellite into space. Thousands of people worked together in scientific and technical teams towards that goal.
By 1979 -- I think the month was August -- we thought we were ready. As the project director, I went to the control center for the launch. At four minutes before the satellite launch, the computer began to go through the checklist of items that needed to be checked. One minute later, the computer program put the launch on hold; the display showed that some control components were not in order. My experts -- I had four or five of them with me -- told me not to worry; they had done their calculations and there was enough reserve fuel. So I bypassed the computer, switched to manual mode, and launched the rocket. In the first stage, everything worked fine. In the second stage, a problem developed. Instead of the satellite going into orbit, the whole rocket system plunged into the Bay of Bengal. It was a big failure.
That day, the chairman of the Indian Space Research Organization, Prof. Satish Dhawan, had called a press conference. The launch was at 7:00 am, and the press conference -- where journalists from around the world were present -- was at 7:45 am at ISRO's satellite launch range in Sriharikota [in Andhra Pradesh in southern India]. Prof. Dhawan, the leader of the organization, conducted the press conference himself. He took responsibility for the failure -- he said that the team had worked very hard, but that it needed more technological support. He assured the media that in another year, the team would definitely succeed. Now, I was the project director, and it was my failure, but instead, he took responsibility for the failure as chairman of the organization.
The next year, in July 1980, we tried again to launch the satellite -- and this time we succeeded. The whole nation was jubilant.
Again, there was a press conference. Prof. Dhawan called me aside and told me, "You conduct the press conference today."
I learned a very important lesson that day. When failure occurred, the leader of the organization owned that failure. When success came, he gave it to his team. The best management lesson I have learned did not come to me from reading a book; it came from that experience "

jayalan salem

sudacgwb
24-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Dear Friends,

The Forum offered by Gconnect has helped a large number of govt. employees with latest, accurate news concering them, the govt. Orders for persual and downloading and above all scope to chat on line as also thro Discussion Board.

I only wish, we shall stay connected through Gconnect regularly which is beneficial to ourself first as also to the others through us.

It is difficult to imagine how lots of doubts, information on pay commission orders in particular and about service matter in general could be tackled by us but for Gconnect website.

Thanking those who are hosting it and those who are actively participating in it, I am concluding this note.

ss

venkatcustoms
24-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Happy birthday, Gconnect!

The way you have regarded the senior members of this forum is very much pleasing. Great work!

Wish you many more happy returns of the day.

vnatarajan
30-03-2009, 08:13 PM
Dear All

I have also conveyed my/ our grateful thanks in a separate note under the comments appearing below the "Happy Anniversary' news in the Home page. Pl do visit.

vnatarajan