PDA

View Full Version : children education allowance

DR.VBP
05-03-2009, 09:47 PM
I am due to retire in april 2009. I am interested to know if i am entitled for CEA for my daughter studying in class 9 in the 2008-9.If so how much?

DR.VBP

badri mannargudi
05-03-2009, 11:33 PM
I am due to retire in april 2009. I am interested to know if i am entitled for CEA for my daughter studying in class 9 in the 2008-9.If so how much?

DR.VBP

Very interesting question, sir.
The answer depends upon the period which is reckoned by your daughter's school.
For instance, my children are studying in Rayon International School. The school has been treating Academic year as April to March. If your daughter's school follows this principle (The Fees Receipt should specify the Academic year - in your case in particular, since you are retiring in April.
Now coming to Rules, you may refer to Swamy's Handbook. According to this Book, subject to the condition stated herein above, since you are in service when the Academic Year started, you are entitled to Children Educational Assistance for the whole year.(2009-10). I wish your daughter Best of Luck for getting Good Results in the SSC Exam (2009-10).
With regards,
Badri.

pradeep_pa
06-03-2009, 11:06 AM
I ask the senior members that what will be quantum of amount of reimbursement. Becuase in the original order it was mentioned as 3000 per quarter but maximum 12000. But later on clarification dated. 11.11.2008, it was mentioned that the 12000 may be paid on prorata basis. It means per month Rs.1000/- , I do not understand the terms prorata ( whther it covers only fees portion or also covers expenditure incurred on uniforms,stationary,books,shoe etc.). Becuase, it is easy to stretch fee portion over 12 months @ Rs.1000/- p.m. but you cannot stretch expenditure on uniforms,stationary,books, shoe etc.,
some can clarify the quantum and purview of prorata payment.

pradeep_pa

jitendraacr
06-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Dear friend
Rs.3000/- per quarter is payable towards reimbursement of tuition fees and it includes tuition fees and uniform, shoes etc. It will be better to claim the amount once in a year to get the full benefit and there will be no problem for calculating pro rata payment. You will be entitled for 12000/- annualy including all expenses. This is only a suggetion please.
with regards
Jitendra

pradeep_pa
07-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Dear Shri Jitendra ji

I am a new entrant to Gconnect discussion board. Actually my question was that what is the purview of prorata, because fees can only be stretch to 12 months. This scheme has been introduced in the year 2008 itself, my child's school session starts from April,08 to March,09. In this connection four quarter means April-June, JUly-Sept., Oct to Dec and Jan. to mar., but in my office they have counted only 7 months from sept.to mar., and i have been paid only 7000+normal 50/- from april to aug., if they take 3 quarters even then I could have got 9250/-, pl. suggest can I file an RTI application in Fin.Min. for the purview of prorata, because earlier order dt.2.9.08 on children eudcation allo. speaks for One set of books, shoe, stationary and two sets of uniforms in a year, in my case I have not got this payment due to prorata payment. at least expenditure incurred on One set of books, shoe, stationary and two sets of uniforms in a year should be reimbursed subject to limit of 12000 for four quarter and 9000 for 3 quarter. Please suggest me.

Also earlier I have ready your post about Revised Option letter dt.29/1/2009 of Fin. Min. which is not available on net, can you send me via email. My email address is [email protected]
I shall be thankful for this email, because in our office one case is pending on this account.

hoping for cooperation

pradeep

badri mannargudi
07-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Dear Shri Jitendra ji

I am a new entrant to Gconnect discussion board. Actually my question was that what is the purview of prorata, because fees can only be stretch to 12 months. This scheme has been introduced in the year 2008 itself, my child's school session starts from April,08 to March,09. In this connection four quarter means April-June, JUly-Sept., Oct to Dec and Jan. to mar., but in my office they have counted only 7 months from sept.to mar., and i have been paid only 7000+normal 50/- from april to aug., if they take 3 quarters even then I could have got 9250/-, pl. suggest can I file an RTI application in Fin.Min. for the purview of prorata, because earlier order dt.2.9.08 on children eudcation allo. speaks for One set of books, shoe, stationary and two sets of uniforms in a year, in my case I have not got this payment due to prorata payment. at least expenditure incurred on One set of books, shoe, stationary and two sets of uniforms in a year should be reimbursed subject to limit of 12000 for four quarter and 9000 for 3 quarter. Please suggest me.

Also earlier I have ready your post about Revised Option letter dt.29/1/2009 of Fin. Min. which is not available on net, can you send me via email. My email address is [email protected]
I shall be thankful for this email, because in our office one case is pending on this account.

hoping for cooperation

pradeep

Dear Shree Pradeepjee,
This review seeks to clarify your doubt and simultaneously to raise a doubt(albeit in some other arena)!
First the clarification: You may appreciate the fact that the OM on CEA has unambiguously stated that the new rates would take effect from 01.09.2008 This being the case, September '08 to March '09 means 7 months, so you would be entitled to a maximum CEA of 7000 for this period and from April '08 to August 08 you have got 5 multiplied by Rs.50. Your calculation based on quarters has no basis as far as current Academic year is concerned.
Now the big question from me. Kindly explain how you have got the entire 7000 and 250. When did you get? (Exact date) When did you submit the Application form and when did you get the full amount of Rs.7250? If you have given the application in the month of 28th of February February 2008 or or earlier, then you should not have been given the full amount, even if you have already incurred the expenditure in respect of the amount reimbursed to you, the reimbursement done before the end of the academic year (March 209) is irregular. This because the certificate at serial number 4 of the Application reads as follows;- "4. Certified that during the period covered by the claim the child attended the school regularly and did not absent himself/herself from the school without proper leave for a period exceeding one month.".
With regards,
Badri

aneesh
24-06-2009, 01:33 PM
It was very interesting to read the discussion on the subject.

Can any one clarify on the following

CEA for nursery children:
1. Whether school should be recognised one
2. The fees charged by these schools should have been approved by the authorities of the government
3. The age group of the child

brijb2002
14-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Hellow senior members
In this regard my question whether the expenditure incurred on stationary required for extra curricular activities like student taking part in drawing classes in the school.
It is urgent please.

mrajeev
14-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Dear friends,
I think the rule is being misinterpreted somewhere. Nowhere it is mentioned that the amount payable in a quarter is 3000/-. The OM dated 02/09/08 states clearly that "(g) Under this scheme, reimbursement can be claimed once every quarter. The amount that can be claimed in a quarter could be more than Rs.3000, and in another quarter less than Rs.3000, subject to the annual ceiling of Rs .12000 per child being maintained." Under this clause (g) one can claim the entire amount of Rs.12000/- in the first month of the Academic Year, provided he had spent the amount on items that are covered under the scheme, including Books, Uniforms etc. The same has been paid to many who had deposited the fee for the entire year (as some Schools charge it in April itself).

brijb2002
20-10-2009, 11:17 AM
Dear friend,
my question "whether the expenditure incurred on stationary required for extra curricular activities like student taking part in drawing classes in the school.
It is urgent please" is not fulfilled. Pl. give me reply in this regard also.

brijb2002
24-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Dear friend,
my question "whether the expenditure incurred on stationary required for extra curricular activities like student taking part in drawing classes in the school" is not fulfilled. Pl. give me reply in this regard also.
Can any senior member reply me in this regard please.:confused:

jitendraacr
28-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Dear Shri Brij
Stationary used in extra curricular activities is not reimbursable.
Jitendra

brijb2002
06-11-2009, 03:03 PM
Dear Shri Jitendra,
If drawing is taken as extra subject in the school than the expenses incurred will be reimbursed under the Children Education Allowance Scheme?

moosadconnect
27-05-2010, 01:04 AM
It was very interesting to read the discussion on the subject.

Can any one clarify on the following

CEA for nursery children:
1. Whether school should be recognised one
2. The fees charged by these schools should have been approved by the authorities of the government
3. The age group of the child

In our establishment, recognition is interpreted like this: KG schools run by recognized schools can be considered as recognized and thus reimbursible. Other KG schools are not considered as reimbursible. But the fact is that there is nothing like a government recognition for running KG schools. Most of us, whose children studied in KG schools last year, could not get our bills reimbursed. What is happening in other offices? Do everybody take this stand, thus making most of the KG school bills not reimbursible?

aneesh
06-06-2010, 11:13 AM
In our establishment, recognition is interpreted like this: KG schools run by recognized schools can be considered as recognized and thus reimbursible. Other KG schools are not considered as reimbursible. But the fact is that there is nothing like a government recognition for running KG schools. Most of us, whose children studied in KG schools last year, could not get our bills reimbursed. What is happening in other offices? Do everybody take this stand, thus making most of the KG school bills not reimbursible?

You may please go through the recent orders on this subject. One of our colleague came on deputation in Jan to our office. Can he claim CEA for the whole year 09-10 from the present office where he is working from past 5 months. Any one please clarify at the earliest