PDA

View Full Version : Salary Theorem

narayanan
19-02-2009, 09:56 PM
SALARY THEOREM

Every one knows the Salary Theorem establishes that Engineers and Scientists can NEVER EVER earn as much money as basinessmen, salesmen, politicians and actors easily make.

This theorem can be demonstrated by reducing it to simple mathematical equation.

The equation rests on two postulates:

Postulate No.1 - KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

postulate No.2 - TIME IS MONEY

Given that - POWER = WORK/TIME

and becasue - KNOWLEDGE = POWER
TIME = MONEY

Therefore, we have,

KNOWLEDGE = WORK/MONEY

We can now easily obtain:

MONEY = WORK/KNOWLEDGE

So when KNOWLEDGE goes towards zero, MONEY goes towards infinity, regardless of the value attributed to work, even if the value of work is very small.

On the contrary, when KNOWLEDGE goes towards infinity, MONEY goes towards ZERO, even if the value of work is high.

The evident conclusion:

THE LESS YOU KNOW, THE MORE MONEY YOU DEFINITELY MAKE.

Those who can't understand the theorem can definitely make a lot of money.

venkatcustoms
20-02-2009, 07:30 AM
A worthy discovery and worths commendations.

badri mannargudi
20-02-2009, 04:44 PM
SALARY THEOREM

Every one knows the Salary Theorem establishes that Engineers and Scientists can NEVER EVER earn as much money as basinessmen, salesmen, politicians and actors easily make.

This theorem can be demonstrated by reducing it to simple mathematical equation.

TIME = MONEY

Therefore, we have,

KNOWLEDGE = WORK/MONEY

MONEY = WORK/KNOWLEDGE

So when KNOWLEDGE goes towards zero, MONEY goes towards infinity, regardless of the value attributed to work, even if the value of work is very small.

On the contrary, when KNOWLEDGE goes towards infinity, MONEY goes towards ZERO, even if the value of work is high.

The evident conclusion:

I have strong reservations on the subject.
To start with, the first one is not a postulate, but a proven one. It is a maxim, meaning of which is " knowledge leads to power". It is some thing like "Hard work won him the Gold Medal in the Race" should be taken to mean that hard work enabled him to win Gold Medal and as such, one can not say that Hard work = Gold Medal. Hence the first postulate is not a postulate at all and it can not be accorded the status of "Equality".
Coming to the second, again it is not a postulate. In fact time is quite opposite of money. Money lost can be regained even though it may not be same money (lost once). Secondly, if you go one wasting the pocket money given to you every day by your father, your father may stop giving you money any more. But, even if you waste day after day after day, the next dawn is there for you to spend.
Even otherwise, assuming the postulates propounded in the review, how do you obtain the position that Power/work =Time.
Can we make sense out of the following argument?

Cricket ball = Cricket Ground ...............(a)
Hockey Ball = Hockey Ground .............(b)

Add equation (a) and (b) , you get,
Ball(Cricket + Hockey ) = Ground (Cricket + Hockey ) .......(c)
Simplified, after canceling the common factor in LHS and RHS, you get

Ball = Ground
Do you see any sense?
(It all started with confusing oneself as to when the mathematical sign "=" is used and what it actually means.

My suggestion: Let us be serious about making sense even in thread like the instant one.
With regards,
Badri

badri mannargudi
20-02-2009, 05:50 PM
My interpretter translated my reference to "the day after tomorrow" as "kalki baath". When I confronted him later, he came up with the reasoning that any any day that follows tomorrow can be described by the term " day after tomorrow. What he missed was the fine print article "the" in the sentence, otherwise, he could not be found fault with.

Why I say this is, you have to proceed with the basic assumption that each and every word, every punctual mark and every group of words etc., should be followed carefully before you embark on the task of interpreting a statuary provision. This cardinal principle can not be afforded to be lost sight of.

jitendraacr
20-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Dear friend
I could only understand the last line of Shri Naraynan theorum and therefore I will make money. Any thing else is beyond my limit. Sorry.
Jitendra

G.Ramdas
21-02-2009, 05:06 PM
SALARY THEOREM

TIME = MONEY

Therefore, we have,

KNOWLEDGE = WORK/MONEY

MONEY = WORK/KNOWLEDGE

The evident conclusion:

Yes,
As Sh. Badri has observed this is based on wrong logic as in the example:
1.Dog is a star,
2. Dog barks.
3. Therefore star barks

narayanan
21-02-2009, 10:42 PM
Dear friends,

Great participation.

Now I am also in confusion. May be because of 40 % money I received and 60 % is going to get by the coming April.

I reached in a conclusion that: All rumours are not humours.

With regards,

Narayanan

bcs123
01-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Dear Narayanan Sir,
See how our babus even interpret humour in a negative way. They are so concerned about the commas and fullstops to find out the faults and querries. The practical thinking and a positive attitude is lacking in our Govt Officials. It is high time that they are relaxed to see things in a better perspective for the betterment of our country.
-bcs