PDA

View Full Version : Child care leave

sanchali
23-05-2014, 04:09 PM
"Women employees having minor children may be granted Child Care Leave by an authority competent to grant leave, for a maximum period of two years (i.e. 730 days) during their entire service for taking care of upto two children whether for rearing or to look after any of their needs like examination, sickness etc."
What does rearing means?

This was the order by dopt.

I have applied ccl for 25 days on ground of rearing my child. She is 10+of age . My authority is asking for appropriate cause. They are forcing us to write exam purpose and after that they are asking for exam routine, otherwise they will not grant leave . can't we take leave for rearing of our child during long vacation , as I do not have anyone else to look her during long vacation. She need much time to study during vacation at home as stays in crèche during school hours.

KINDLY SUGGEST ME HOW TO AVAIL CCL IN HONEST WAY , IT IS CREATING MENTAL PRESSURE.

SASI
24-05-2014, 04:19 PM
CCL is also allowed for rearing up of children. Hence there is no justification in asking to show reason for leave as examination of child. You can appeal to your Head of Office. You can also bring the matter to the attention of the Secretary, JCM(Staff Side) for taking up the matter with the Government.

SASI

Victor
31-05-2014, 03:17 PM
"Women employees having minor children may be granted Child Care Leave by an authority competent to grant leave, for a maximum period of two years (i.e. 730 days) during their entire service for taking care of upto two children whether for rearing or to look after any of their needs like examination, sickness etc."
What does rearing means?

This was the order by dopt.

I have applied ccl for 25 days on ground of rearing my child. She is 10+of age . My authority is asking for appropriate cause. They are forcing us to write exam purpose and after that they are asking for exam routine, otherwise they will not grant leave . can't we take leave for rearing of our child during long vacation , as I do not have anyone else to look her during long vacation. She need much time to study during vacation at home as stays in crèche during school hours.

KINDLY SUGGEST ME HOW TO AVAIL CCL IN HONEST WAY , IT IS CREATING MENTAL PRESSURE.

According to the dictionary, 'rearing' means "to take care of and support up to maturity: to rear a child".

Under Rule 43-C of CCS(Leave) Rules, 1972 [http://ccis.nic.in/WriteReadData/CircularPortal/D2/D02est/13018_4_2011-Estt.-L-27082011.pdf] 'rearing' is one of the grounds for availing of CCL. You may, therefore, represent to higher authorities.

Victor