PDA

View Full Version : Simple way to take a screenshot

Suresh
15-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Here is simple tip to take a screenshot without a third party tool.

1. Press the Print Screen key to capture the entire screen or press Alt+Print Screen to only capture the active window.
2. Open up Paint by going to Start->All Programs->Accessories->Paint and go to Edit->Paste or simply press Ctrl+V.

G.Ramdas
16-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Excellent advice.
I tried it and it works well.It covers all types of documents and screens and is easy to operate. The only problem is that it will be bitmap image and may have to be converted to other formats

vnatarajan
03-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Dear GR/Suresh

Yes, I had been doing this for capturing the images- particularly from those internet webpages which can not be otherwise copied.

How to edit them- to remove unwanted parts? This is a problem. You may enlarge or reduce- but not select parts of it. You may be able to reproduce only as an image- on to a word document.

Same thing happens with the OMs/circulars/ say portions of SCPC Report etc we copy or save from the web/ intenet - but it is difficult to selct parts/ lines/ oaragraphs and reproduce where we want! How to convert these pdf format files into ordinary word document/ format for easy editing. I dont have the necessary S?Ware. Is there one?

If you know the solution, pl. explain. Otherwise I think I have to ask my "HOME" experts!

vnatarajan.

RSundaram
03-04-2009, 10:38 PM
My dear VN
You can try various online .pdf to .doc converters. You can get the sites by Google Search. The converted.doc file will be emailed to you after you upload the file you wish to convert. You can then download and save it to your disc in Ms Word and edit to suit your needs.These online facilities have some limitations like the number of times you can have free access and the size of the file. The output may not be neat nor entirely error free.

Suresh
05-04-2009, 05:31 AM
Here are links to two online file converting sites. They are both free. Both the sites let you convert documents, videos, audios, archive files and images.

1. http://www.zamzar.com
2. http://media-convert.com/

But you need to remember one thing. If your pdf file doesn't actually contain textual content, but merely contains a scanned image of a document, then the above converters may not be able to help you much. You would need an OCR software to convert the images to actual editable text. There are some free and decent OCR tools that you can find on the web.

If you face problems finding the right tools, let me know and I will try my best to assist you.

venkatcustoms
05-04-2009, 08:26 AM
//Dear GR/Suresh

Yes, I had been doing this for capturing the images- particularly from those internet webpages which can not be otherwise copied.

How to edit them- to remove unwanted parts? This is a problem. You may enlarge or reduce- but not select parts of it.//

Dear VN Sir,

after pasting the desired page, pl. save the same. Once it is saved, you can select part of it. I tried the same found it done.