PDA

View Full Version : Cghs reimbursement regarding child delivery

neon007
06-01-2014, 11:55 PM
My spouse is under cghs cover in kolkata but as per cghs incharge of respective dispensary, she can be admitted only under govt. Hospital . I had contacted many times with cghs helpline but they are only providing list of hospitals under cghs. My query is whether she can be admitted in any private hospital and the amount can be reimbursable in emergency cases? Kindly reply with relevant rules and orders

Victor
07-01-2014, 09:37 AM
My spouse is under cghs cover in kolkata but as per cghs incharge of respective dispensary, she can be admitted only under govt. Hospital . I had contacted many times with cghs helpline but they are only providing list of hospitals under cghs. My query is whether she can be admitted in any private hospital and the amount can be reimbursable in emergency cases? Kindly reply with relevant rules and orders

In emergency cases "CGHS beneficiaries have the option to go to any of the 24 hr functional dispensaries ...., a nearby govt. hospital / empanelled private
hospital or even any private hospital" (Refer FAQ#39 at http://msotransparent.nic.in/writereaddata/cghsdata/mainlinkfile/File594.pdf)

In normal cases refer FAQ#57

Victor

neon007
07-01-2014, 11:04 PM
THANKS MANIFOLD FOR YOUR URGENT REPLY. BUT THE AMOUNT CAN BE RECEIVED ONLY WHEN IT IS EMERGENCY, BUT THERE IS NO PROVISION FOR MATERNITY BENEFIT SEPARATELY ANYWHERE IN THE ORDER. KINDLY REPLY:cool:

Victor
08-01-2014, 11:17 AM
THANKS MANIFOLD FOR YOUR URGENT REPLY. BUT THE AMOUNT CAN BE RECEIVED ONLY WHEN IT IS EMERGENCY, BUT THERE IS NO PROVISION FOR MATERNITY BENEFIT SEPARATELY ANYWHERE IN THE ORDER. KINDLY REPLY:cool:

In maternity case you have to follow the normal procedure. However, in case of any emergency the same would be covered under FAQ#39.

Victor