PDA

View Full Version : Pension Arrears: Second Installment.

harryrakhraj
11-02-2009, 11:23 PM
Hello Friends! Any idea when the Govt plans to pay out the second installment of our Pension Arrears, consequent on the 6CPC?

vnatarajan
12-02-2009, 07:12 AM
Dear Mr Harry

Can not be before June in any case- but then if elections take place in May- then new govt.- new budget etc- so dont expect anything before sept/ oct- UNLESS- provision has been made in Vote on Account- wh I think this govt. wd not have done because they have to give doles to other sectors-. Pensioners have to wait.

So why worry!

vnatarajan

sudacgwb
13-02-2009, 08:23 AM
Sirs,

I feel the Associations of the pensioners should impress upon the GOI to pay the 2nd installment in the first quarter of the next FY. The decision to give the arrears to pensioners in 2 installments itself was bad and that should be set right now by this way.

If that is not possible the efforts should be to pay the 2nd installment in 1st quarter (April-June 2009) at least to senior pensioners (above 80 years of age)!

ssudarshana

vnatarajan
13-02-2009, 03:46 PM
Dear Friends

The MoF/ MoP/PG/P are hostile to the requests of pensioners/ family pensioners!

OM dtd 12th Feb shatters the hope of quick payment- inspite of all reps./ appeals!

All money has to go to vote banks/ populistic measures.

vn

sudacgwb
14-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Dear Mr. VNji,

What is that OM dated 12th Feb you have referred? kindly give the link.

ss

Kanaujiaml
14-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Dear Mr. VNji,

What is that OM dated 12th Feb you have referred? kindly give the link.

ss

My dear Sudacab.

The letter is available on website http://pensionersportal.gov.in/
The letter states that 2nd installment of arrears would be paid, as already intimated, in the year 2009-10.

sudacgwb
16-02-2009, 06:39 PM
Thank you for the link. it is certain now that it will be disbursed before 31/3/2010! I would like to know from those who have kept close watch on the budget speech weather it can be expected before 1st quarter / before elections?

vnatarajan
16-02-2009, 09:10 PM
Dear MR Sudha

Nothing can come before the full regular Budget- and therefore the fate of our 2nd Instalment appears to be sealed for a long time- say IF A GOVT. IS FORMED BY JUNE, BUDGET MAY BE PRESENTED IN JULY/AUG that too IF UPA comes to power/ and not before SEPT IF NDA/ (any other coalition) comes to power as they will go tangentially from UPA's perspectives.

So we have to wait & watch. No alternative appears to be in sight!

vnatarajan

vnatarajan
10-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Dear All

Contrary to my expectations, Mr MLK has received part of SECOND INSTALMENT of his arrears !!!(due based on 2.26 MF).

So things are moving. CONGRATS TO MLK.

vnatarajan