PDA

View Full Version : collect RTI information in person

gmm1955
05-12-2013, 11:07 PM
one of the state PSU has not suplied information through post and asked inform seeker to collect the same by perosnally visitng the company. Is it not violation of RTI rules? Pl guide me what to do next as i dont want to visit the company involving cost/time very distantly located.

Victor
06-12-2013, 10:27 AM
one of the state PSU has not suplied information through post and asked inform seeker to collect the same by perosnally visitng the company. Is it not violation of RTI rules? Pl guide me what to do next as i dont want to visit the company involving cost/time very distantly located.

Under Section 7 of the Act, information must be provided by the CPIO to the citizens within 30 days of receipt of the application. The onus is, therefore, on the CPIO to ensure that information is provided within the said time limit. You may, therefore, request the CPIO to provide the information by post and then wait till the prescribed time period is over. If you still do not receive the information, you may then prefer an Appeal to the Appellate Authority.

Victor

Gopal Krishan
06-12-2013, 05:52 PM
Alternatively a complaint can also be filed before the CIC against the CPIO direct under Section 18 of the ACT.
Gopal Krishan

gmm1955
06-12-2013, 11:00 PM
Thanks friends 4 ur prompt guidance. Already 30 days mandatory period is over and at the fag end they have replied to collect the inform in person. Intentional delay tactics. Is'nt it??thanks again. I shall takeup with concerned authrity for supplying the inform/doc. by post. thanks once again

gmm1955
06-12-2013, 11:01 PM
thanks for yr guidance.

gmm1955
06-12-2013, 11:03 PM
thanks friends 4 ur prompt guidance. Already 30 days mandatory period is over and at the fag end they have replied to collect the inform in person. Intentional delay tactics. Is'nt it??thanks again. I shall takeup with concerned authrity for supplying the inform/doc. by post as advised. thanks once again