PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Tour Settlement guidance

rsk11584
24-07-2013, 06:58 AM
Dear Friends,
I need some guidance reg foreign tour settlement, recently some officers of our office had gone to china for 5 days and as per our Order from HO, DA of 100$ per diem was sanctioned and given to them. Apart from that local travel of 50$ per diem was also given.

Now my query is the DA is for food and stay or only food?
While settlement does the employee need to provide the details of $100 spent by him and return the remaining amount?
The employee has submitted hotel bills, so is hotel bills included / inclusive of $100 da per day or seperate from that and needs to be reimbursed to employee seperately.

For the $50 local travel do we need to collect receipts and balance amount from the employee.

Kindly advise me.

Regards,

Ravi

Victor
24-07-2013, 12:15 PM
DA is for food and does not include lodging.

If hotel charges include breakfast charges, then DA will be reduced by 10%.

As regards internal travel, '...actual cost of taxi or conveyance hired for trips on duty which is considered necessary and reasonable by the controlling authority will be reimbursed to the officer subject to specific provision of funds in the santion order...'.

Victor

AK49
01-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Dear Friends,
I need some guidance reg foreign tour settlement, recently some officers of our office had gone to china for 5 days and as per our Order from HO, DA of 100$ per diem was sanctioned and given to them. Apart from that local travel of 50$ per diem was also given.

Now my query is the DA is for food and stay or only food?
While settlement does the employee need to provide the details of $100 spent by him and return the remaining amount?
The employee has submitted hotel bills, so is hotel bills included / inclusive of $100 da per day or seperate from that and needs to be reimbursed to employee seperately.

For the $50 local travel do we need to collect receipts and balance amount from the employee.

Kindly advise me.

Regards,

Ravi

Dear Mr. Ravi,

This DA is called split rate DA and is for personal expenses and does not include hotel charges. The taxi charges from Airport to hotel and back to airport on return is reimbursed on actuals. Other expenses will find mention in the sanction memo such as contingencies, internal travel etc.