PDA

View Full Version : parents as dependents for CGHS facility

bmkraju
11-07-2013, 01:01 AM
Dear senior members,

With Sixth Central Pay Commission in force, for availing the medical facilities under CGHS, parents will be deemed dependent on the Government employee if they are residing- with him and their income from all sources including pension and pension equivalent of DCRG benefit is less than Rs. 3500 +DA per month.

I am presently working as a central government employee. My father has retired from central government service and his pension basic was fixed at Rs. 3500/- minimum. Whether there will be any increment every year to the basic ? Whether such increment makes my father disqualify to CGHS benefits (as a dependent on me) ?

Please clarify.

Gopal Krishan
11-07-2013, 11:08 AM
In the case of pension there is no questin of any increment.

Gopal Krishan

bmkraju
22-08-2013, 12:53 PM
Sir,

Given that pension is the only source of income to my parents and it's basic was fixed at minimum of Rs. 3500/-
Do my parents qualify for 'dependents' on me for availing CGHS benefit ?
Please guide.

Victor
22-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Sir,

Given that pension is the only source of income to my parents and it's basic was fixed at minimum of Rs. 3500/-
Do my parents qualify for 'dependents' on me for availing CGHS benefit ?
Please guide.

Your father is not a dependant on you since he is drawing the minimum amount prescribed. Further, if your father retired from Govt. Service (as indicated at post # 1) then he is himself eligible for CGHS facilities.

Victor

bmkraju
06-09-2013, 01:31 AM
Sir,
Thanks for the guidance. It really didn't flash to me. I need further guidance on this matter.
My parents stay in a small town, where CGHS facility is not there. Probably, for this reason, he is getting a fixed medical allowance of Rs. 300/- per month in addition to pension. I want to call them to Hyderabad to stay with me. If the come to Hyderabad, will they be eligible to CGHS facility (my father is ready to forgo monthly medical allowance) ?

BMK Raju

Victor
06-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Sir,
Thanks for the guidance. It really didn't flash to me. I need further guidance on this matter.
My parents stay in a small town, where CGHS facility is not there. Probably, for this reason, he is getting a fixed medical allowance of Rs. 300/- per month in addition to pension. I want to call them to Hyderabad to stay with me. If the come to Hyderabad, will they be eligible to CGHS facility (my father is ready to forgo monthly medical allowance) ?

BMK Raju

Yes they will be eligible for CGHS facility. Necessary forms and charges need to be submitted to CGHS Office for issuing a CGHS Pensioner's card.

Victor

bmkraju
06-09-2013, 10:36 AM
Thanks and regards