PDA

View Full Version : Government Employee - Pensionable Service (years anad age)

hemantsaigal
25-02-2013, 03:27 PM
Hi,

My mom is a central government employee (joined in October 2002 as an assistant). She completed 10 years of continuous service in November 2012. She would be 60 years of age in December 2013.

Is there some rule that could help her take a VRS now and she still gets the pension and other retirement related medical benefits.

Please let me know as this is kind of urgent.

Thanks a lot (in advance).

Thanks & regards,
Hemant Saigal

Victor
26-02-2013, 09:14 AM
Hi,

My mom is a central government employee (joined in October 2002 as an assistant). She completed 10 years of continuous service in November 2012. She would be 60 years of age in December 2013.

Is there some rule that could help her take a VRS now and she still gets the pension and other retirement related medical benefits.

Please let me know as this is kind of urgent.

Thanks a lot (in advance).

Thanks & regards,
Hemant Saigal

VRS can be taken only on completion of 20 years of qualifying service.

Victor

hemantsaigal
26-02-2013, 09:47 AM
my mom is retiring pre-maturely i.e. she wants to resign as she has completed 10 years of qualifying service - is this considered as VRS?

Also, to whom does the central government rule of 10 years of qualifying service apply to?

In addition, is my eligible for pension on her actual retirement month (December 2013), when she turns 60 and would have completed 11 years of qualifying services?

Please let me know.

Victor
26-02-2013, 12:31 PM
my mom is retiring pre-maturely i.e. she wants to resign as she has completed 10 years of qualifying service - is this considered as VRS?

Also, to whom does the central government rule of 10 years of qualifying service apply to?

In addition, is my eligible for pension on her actual retirement month (December 2013), when she turns 60 and would have completed 11 years of qualifying services?

Please let me know.

If your mother submits her resignation now, she will NOT be entitled to any pensionary benefit.

VRS can only be taken if the minimum qualifying service is at least 20 years.

As per rules, pension is admissible if somebody retires on completion of minimum 10 years of service. Hence your mother will be eligible for pension under this rule when she retires on superatnnuation in December 2013. If she had less than 10 years of qualifying service on retirement in Dec 2013 then she would not have been eligible for pension.

Your mother would be entitled to pension on retirement on superannuation in Dec 2013 as she has the minimum required qualifying service of 10 years. The pension admissible will be 50% of last pay drawn or average 10 months pay, whichever is beneficial.

Victor

hemantsaigal
27-02-2013, 04:49 PM
Thanks for your prompt and apt replies.

I have heard that there is some clause associated with 10 years of qualifying service i.e. if a person produces documents (from a government hospital) that he/she is medically unfit for the job or his/her office establishes the person to be medically unfit then that person will avail pension benefits - is this true. If yes, which rule (clause) states that.

RKPATHAK
02-03-2013, 07:59 PM
For VRS the length of service is 20 years. In your case GS shall be attaining the age of superannation during the month of December 2013, therefor wait till date time which is not so far.

Victor
05-03-2013, 09:33 AM
Thanks for your prompt and apt replies.

I have heard that there is some clause associated with 10 years of qualifying service i.e. if a person produces documents (from a government hospital) that he/she is medically unfit for the job or his/her office establishes the person to be medically unfit then that person will avail pension benefits - is this true. If yes, which rule (clause) states that.

Refer Rule 38 of CCS(Pension) Rules, 1972 under which Invalid Pension is admissible in such cases.

Gist is given below:

Invalid Pension:

Invalid Pension may be granted if a Government servant applies for retirement from the service on account of any bodily or mental infirmity which permanently incapacitates him/her for the service. The request for invalid pension has to be supported by medical report from the competent medical board.

For further details you may refer to (http://pensionersportal.gov.in/).

Victor