PDA

View Full Version : Increment for 5500 to 6500????

anjunathani
02-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Hello

I am working in CDOT as a Research Associate (technical assistant)
as on 1.1. 06
my scale was: 5500-175- 9000
and basic was Rs 6025
in April 2006
I got promoted to 6500- 200-10500
with basic of Rs 6500

Now as per 6PC the GRADE PAY remains same for 5500 and 6500 i.e Rs 4200/-
When i got promoted in April 06 to 6500, Would I get 3% increment in April as per 6PC promotion rules ?

My office has some doubts about it whether to give or not to give the increment as earlier in 6PC Report it was mentioned that promotion means from grade pay to another. As in my case the grade pay does not change in 5500 to 6500 , what about my increment ? Though it was clarified in
Clarifications on CCS (Revised Pay) Rules 2008 ----Clarification 2---method of fixation ----- “On promotion from one grade to another.”
Here grade pay is not mentioned , so according to me I should get a 3% increment in April

I would also like to mention that upgradtion of 6500 to 7450 is also awaited in our office and not considered yet.

I would like to know in today's scenario how my pay will be fixed and what is correct urgently..
Thanks.

badri mannargudi
02-01-2009, 01:11 PM
Hello

I am working in CDOT as a Research Associate (technical assistant)
as on 1.1. 06
my scale was: 5500-175- 9000
and basic was Rs 6025
in April 2006
I got promoted to 6500- 200-10500
with basic of Rs 6500

Now as per 6PC the GRADE PAY remains same for 5500 and 6500 i.e Rs 4200/-
When i got promoted in April 06 to 6500, Would I get 3% increment in April as per 6PC promotion rules ?

My office has some doubts about it whether to give or not to give the increment as earlier in 6PC Report it was mentioned that promotion means from grade pay to another. As in my case the grade pay does not change in 5500 to 6500 , what about my increment ? Though it was clarified in
Clarifications on CCS (Revised Pay) Rules 2008 ----Clarification 2---method of fixation ----- “On promotion from one grade to another.”
Here grade pay is not mentioned , so according to me I should get a 3% increment in April

I would also like to mention that upgradtion of 6500 to 7450 is also awaited in our office and not considered yet.

I would like to know in today's scenario how my pay will be fixed and what is correct urgently..
Thanks.
Dear friends,

The much awaited upgradation of pre rev scale of 6500 to 7450, for the purpose of fixation of pay under CCS(RP)2008 should be decided by your department. As I said in some other review/thread, in the event of retention of the feeder cadre of 5500 pre rev scale(now merged with pre rev scale of 6500) on or after 01.01.2006,( which in all probability would be so in the case of most of the departments/institution), the day is not far before the upgradation sees the light of the day. In that case, the querist's promotion in April 2006 would see him go to GP 4600 with Basic pay at 12540 in PB 2.
Having said this, just in case, the querist's department/institution decides to do away with the feeder cadre and treats the merger of the three pre rev scales of 5000,5500 and 6500 (probability is next to zero), the querist will see his promotion being declared null and void.(yes, neither increment nor increase in GP).
His pay and Grade pay on 01.05.2006 would remain same as they were on 01.04.2006.
It appears, the merger of the said three pre rev scales is one of the major factors for the delay in in devising mechanism for Modified ACP. Let us see.
With regards,
Badri.

jitendraacr
02-01-2009, 03:58 PM
dear friend
I agree with the views of shri Badriji. However my replies to your email may kindly be perused in this regard.

narayanan
02-01-2009, 09:06 PM
Dear friends,

While agreeing to the views expressed by Shri Badriji, I would like to record the possibility of exercising option for fixation of pay after getting his promotion in April 2006. In that case, his pay would have been fixed in the promoted scale (6500-) first and thereafter his pay would have been fixed in the new pay structure. But such option will lose him the arrears upto April 2006 and the increment in July 2006.

The above opinion is only on academic interest since he has already lapsed his option.

Anyway, we can expect a favourable decision which will ultimately place him at Grade Pay of Rs.4600.

With regards,

Narayanan.

badri mannargudi
02-01-2009, 09:48 PM
Dear friends,

While agreeing to the views expressed by Shri Badriji, I would like to record the possibility of exercising option for fixation of pay after getting his promotion in April 2006. In that case, his pay would have been fixed in the promoted scale (6500-) first and thereafter his pay would have been fixed in the new pay structure. But such option will lose him the arrears upto April 2006 and the increment in July 2006.

The above opinion is only on academic interest since he has already lapsed his option.

Anyway, we can expect a favourable decision which will ultimately place him at Grade Pay of Rs.4600.

With regards,

Narayanan.
Dear friends,
Sorry for entering the discussion on the same subject once again.
The real unfortunate position of the case is that the individual should have exercised option within the stipulated time and I am afraid the querist has missed the oppertunity.
The only hope we have in the instant case, justice should prevail and pay on promotion should be fixed at the minimum against the respective Grade Pay or as per the calculation of 3% asprovided in the Rules which ever is more beneficial to the individual. Such provision exists only in the case of change in Pay Band on promotion as of now. This facilitation may be extended as suggested herein.
Friends are invited to comment upon my review.
With Regards,
Badri