View Full Version : The Agency to fix pension / family pension of pre 2006 pensioners.

24-12-2008, 07:19 AM
This is to bring to the notice of senior pensioners/family pensioners that the agency to fix the pension, revision based on 6 cpc and the OM dated 14/10/2008 is with the pension main branch of the banks which is disbursing their pension. Not the branches from where they are getting the pension/family pension.

They are not likely to fix the revised pension correctly unless they have the pay scale of the employee at the time of retirement with them.

They will not allow unless they have the data regarding the date of birth whenever the pensioner is entitled for "addl. pension/family pension" if they are above 80 years of age.

So the steps the concerned should note is:

To provide the pay scale at the time of retirement if the bank do not have it with them,


to provide the date of birth of the family pensioner to the bank

to get the fixation of pension correctly.

WRITING TO GRIEVANCE CELL, AUTHORITY WHICH ISSUED THE PPO WILL NOT HELP TO GET THE REVISION quickly as the data is to be supplied to main disbursing bank of the pensioner.


24-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Best way to ask for the revised PPO. In Railways different zones have prescribed a Form for this purpose. this form is available on RREWA website www.rrewa.org Unless your department accept the age/date of birth of your spouse &children Banks may not accept it , so it is advisible to provide relevent information to your department & ask for revised PPO

26-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Dear Maheswariji,

Thank you for the useful link and the procedure to get the revised PPO.