PDA

View Full Version : Payment of first Pension and other benefits

s.##ram
13-07-2012, 09:36 AM
I took Voluntary retirement from ICAR Hq., New Delhi (an autonomous organisation under Dept. of Agriculture Research and Education, Min. of Agriculture, GOI) on 24.11.11. I have settled in Bangalore after retirement. I submitted my pension papers following retirement and after several reminders the pension, DCRG and CVP has been authorised by SFAO (Pension) on 22.05.12. I had sought commutation from the date of retirement. I had also indicated in Form 5 that I would like to draw my pension through my bank account and given all details of the SBI branch. Following the authorisation letter copy marked to me, I once again wrote to the SFAO (Pension) that my retirement benefits and pension be paid through my bank account. Now the SFAO (P) has written to me that I need to personally appear at the ICAR Hq. in New Delhi to be paid the first pension but the DCRG and CVP can be transferred through e-payment to my bank account for which some forms have been sent to me to enable the e-payment. No provisional pension was sanctioned nor the pension calculation sheet sent to me.
My questions:

Is it mandatory to personally appear at the Pension Office in Hq at New Delhi to draw my first pension?
Can it not be drawn by personal appearance at the paying branch of the Bank at Bangalore to which the PPO may be forwarded?
Will they pay me the pension along with the arrears till date or only pay the first months pension and the rest later?
Will they pay me the full pension for the period (24.11.11 to date) without deducting commutation amount?
Though I had requested for commutation from the date of retirement since the CVP has not been paid, will the date from which reduced amount of original pension be from the date the CVP is paid?
Is there a redressal mechanism for the above problems in case their insistance and contentions are not correct?
I would request some of our seniors to please advice.
Ramani

Gopal Krishan
01-12-2012, 05:12 PM
I hope by now your problem must have been solved. What I feel is that the ICAR being an autonomous body, there must be separate set of rules instructions on the subject based on the GOI rules/instructions on the subject. The ICAR would go by those rules etc. You may have to check the same and then see.

Gopal Krishan

I took Voluntary retirement from ICAR Hq., New Delhi (an autonomous organisation under Dept. of Agriculture Research and Education, Min. of Agriculture, GOI) on 24.11.11. I have settled in Bangalore after retirement. I submitted my pension papers following retirement and after several reminders the pension, DCRG and CVP has been authorised by SFAO (Pension) on 22.05.12. I had sought commutation from the date of retirement. I had also indicated in Form 5 that I would like to draw my pension through my bank account and given all details of the SBI branch. Following the authorisation letter copy marked to me, I once again wrote to the SFAO (Pension) that my retirement benefits and pension be paid through my bank account. Now the SFAO (P) has written to me that I need to personally appear at the ICAR Hq. in New Delhi to be paid the first pension but the DCRG and CVP can be transferred through e-payment to my bank account for which some forms have been sent to me to enable the e-payment. No provisional pension was sanctioned nor the pension calculation sheet sent to me.
My questions:

Is it mandatory to personally appear at the Pension Office in Hq at New Delhi to draw my first pension?
Can it not be drawn by personal appearance at the paying branch of the Bank at Bangalore to which the PPO may be forwarded?
Will they pay me the pension along with the arrears till date or only pay the first months pension and the rest later?
Will they pay me the full pension for the period (24.11.11 to date) without deducting commutation amount?
Though I had requested for commutation from the date of retirement since the CVP has not been paid, will the date from which reduced amount of original pension be from the date the CVP is paid?
Is there a redressal mechanism for the above problems in case their insistance and contentions are not correct?
I would request some of our seniors to please advice.
Ramani