PDA

View Full Version : Hba

pugalurshankar
14-12-2008, 12:42 PM
dear sirs

is there new orders available regarding the HBA ? kindly post any changes available:)

badri mannargudi
14-12-2008, 10:12 PM
Dear friends!
Even after 100 days since the issuance of Resolution, GOI is yet to pronounce the guidelines(Read Rules) for obtaining HBA! We are all aware that the 6th CPC recommended a novel(?) method of asking the Employees of Government to obtain loans from Banks and that the Government would reimburse interest to the extent of 2 percentage points.

We do not know if any Bank would be willing to finance developing/improving an existing house.

In any case, let us hope OM in this regard(HBA) shall be issued before the year comes to an end.
With regards,
Badri

jitendraacr
16-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Dear friend
Though a new policy towards grant of loans(interest bearing) was recommended to introduce in 6th CPC report, it appears that Government has not accepted it as it is clear from the issuance of orders on Computer/Motor Car advance for which the same provisions i.e. easy loan from banks, was supposed to made but they have only raised the pay ceiling as per revised pay and all other conditions are same. On the analogy we may hope that HBA policy will also not be changed. However we have to wait for further orders in this regard.

neon007
17-02-2009, 11:28 AM
From the latest order regarding HBA , it is clear that no more modification will be made by central government regarding 2 percent less interest by the government employee while purchasing a flat / land through bank. My question is that how many days we shall wait for government clarification? Or we shall loose hope for decision from government in this regard. Explain.

badri mannargudi
17-02-2009, 01:44 PM
From the latest order regarding HBA , it is clear that no more modification will be made by central government regarding 2 percent less interest by the government employee while purchasing a flat / land through bank. My question is that how many days we shall wait for government clarification? Or we shall loose hope for decision from government in this regard. Explain.
Dear Friends,
A good question and the doubt is reasonable, too.
2. As the learned members/visitors of this Forum may be aware of, CPC Recommendations are mere recommendations and hence they carry no value unless they are converted into Rule(s). Even Resolution is only an indication to the Govt's prima facie view on the subject. Unless the Resolution is brought forth in the form of Rule, one has to fall upon the existing Rules. (For example, the ACP orders issued by CBEC, after publication of Resolution on CPC Report, may be seen - where only "12 year Service"criterion has been followed.)
3. By the way, in my opinion, one may apply for HBA on the basis of existing Rules - with the difference being the Basic and Grade Pay shall be added to reckon the Total Amount Entitled. Let the Sanctioning Authority decide on the mode as well as quantum.
With regards,
Badri

narayanan
17-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Dear friends,

Mark Tully said, in India, no full stop, only commas and question marks.

As rightly said, after 6CPC acceptance, we are standing before plenty of commas and question marks.

I have alrady taken housing loan from SBI and interest is being paid at the bank rate. I am expecting a subsidy in interest. (We have to dream first to achieve something).

With regards,

Narayanan

jitendraacr
17-02-2009, 10:07 PM
Dear friends
Ministry of Urbane Affairs has already raised limit of HBA on the basis of revised pay after 6th Pay Commission. The order is already available on GConnect main page and have seen by all the members. It will be in effect till a new policy issued on it. It is for sure that it will not be in accordance with Pay Commission recommendations. Existing orders on HBA with some modification will continue.
Jitendra