PDA

View Full Version : Supply of information by a CPIO on irrelevant record/facts

Gopal Krishan
08-06-2012, 02:39 PM
I had asked for information form the CPIO of the Department of Expenditure whether provision of FR 56 was ever relaxed. Initially the CPIO stated that there was no centralized record system from where such information could be supplied. However, when the matter was taken to CIC and when the concerned Information Commissioner took a serious view of the non-supply of information it was suggested by the respondents from the Department that they could check up whether that type of information was available with any of the other Section of the Department. In other words, the supposed to be holder of the information proposed to checkup from the non holders of the information about the same. This proceedure was accepted by the Information Commissioner despite my protest. Obviously, information from various Sections had to be in the negative. One of the Sections mentioned that they had relaxed some other FR. Their reply related to some other FR and not FR 56. Based on that the CPIO replied to me on the basis of the reply of that Section, who were not concerned with FR 56. This reply on the basis of irrelevant record/facts was accepted by the Information Commissioner. How to go about this?
With regards

R K Rao
11-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Why don't you appeal once again with the first appellate authority and thereafter, if required with the second appellate authy (the CIC)?

Gopal Krishan
12-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Dear Shri Rao,

Thank your very much for your reply. My problem is that the information supplied to me on the basis of irrelevant record by the CPIO has been accepted by the Central Information Commissioner. As such it may not be desirable to go to the First Appellate Authority at this stage.

With regards,

Gopal Krishan

R K Rao
14-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Dear GK,

There is a provision to appeal through a Writ petition in the High court if you feel you are not satisfied with the decision of the CIC. You may like to try.

RK

Gopal Krishan
15-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Respected Rao Sahib,

I thank you very much for your advice. I may have to go to the High Court.

With regards,

GK