PDA

View Full Version : Regarding maternity leaves in probition period

Piya
24-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Hi,I am a Public health nurse working in Mcd.I joined on 28dec 2010 with probition period of 2yrs.I m on maternity leave since 30jan '12,i wish to extend my maternity leave for one yr.( as i read in swamy's rule book it can be extended) .As per mat. Leave rule i hv to join on 28july.should i join on 28th n then apply for non commuted leaves or send application wn i'm still on mat leaves.will it effect my annual increment which is due on 1st of july.My dept. Doesn't sanction C.C.L in probition period.I seriously need to extend my leaves as there is no one to take care of my baby.Any suggestion plz ..wt should i do?

Victor
24-05-2012, 09:36 PM
Hi,I am a Public health nurse working in Mcd.I joined on 28dec 2010 with probition period of 2yrs.I m on maternity leave since 30jan '12,i wish to extend my maternity leave for one yr.( as i read in swamy's rule book it can be extended) .As per mat. Leave rule i hv to join on 28july.should i join on 28th n then apply for non commuted leaves or send application wn i'm still on mat leaves.will it effect my annual increment which is due on 1st of july.My dept. Doesn't sanction C.C.L in probition period.I seriously need to extend my leaves as there is no one to take care of my baby.Any suggestion plz ..wt should i do?

Kindly note that you can avail of maternity leave for 180 days only. You can, however, in continuation of maternity leave apply for one year leave (including Commuted Leave for 2 months) that is "due and admissible" which would be granted without insisting on medical certificate.

So the one year leave extension that is the issue here has to be debited to your leave account. Also you can benefit from this rule only if the leave is in continuation of your maternity leave. If you join duty after maternity leave than any further leave would be subject to the approval of the competent authority.

Further, the increment due on 1st July 2012 will be released only on joining duty.

Victor