PDA

View Full Version : Pay fixation for Govt. Doctors

anuuj1968
27-11-2008, 01:38 PM
The method of fixing pay for any individual as recommended by the pay commission is by multiplying the basic pay as on 1.1.06 by 1.86 and then adding the grade pay. If the total falls below the minimum of the revised new pay band, the pay is to be fixed at the minimum of the pay band.For govt doctors, 24% DA on NPA is also to be taken in account while fixing the pay

There is a problem:-
1. In PB-4 (starting with the old scale of 14,300-18,300), should the 24% DA on NPA be added to the new basic pay corresponding to the old basic pay as in the fittment table or before (after multiplying the old basic pay with 1.86 and then adding 24% DA on NPA, the total of which falls much below the minimum of the new PB-4 )

Kindly clarify as the illustration provided with the gazzette does not clarify this point.

jitendraacr
27-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Dear Sir

In my view, DA on NPA has to be added to before arriving at new revised pay. In most of the cases, pay will be fixed at the minimum of the revised pay band due to it but there is on other option of fixation of pay. This is one of the anomaly arising out of 6th pay commission.
regards

anuuj1968
27-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Dear sir,
Thanks for the reply. In fact, there is a lot of confusion amongst various government hospitals regarding the fixation in PB-4. In fact, if 24% DA on NPA is added on the new BP as given in the fittment table, those who get promoted any time after 1.1.06 to PB-4 are at a disdvantage as their BP at any time will not have the DA on NPA component.

However, I also feel that the pay will be fixed at the minimum of the pay band and then uing the table to remove bunching.

Secondly, there is a dynamic assured carrer progression scheme for govt. doctors. (DACP). how different is it from the ACP scheme of other cadres- apart from the time of upgradation?

Regards.

Dr Anuuj

jitendraacr
08-12-2008, 10:16 PM
Dear Dr. Anuj

Dynamic Assured career progression scheme has been introduced for the first time by the government and orders on it are yet to be issued by the government. The situation may be clear after issuance of orders. You have to wait till that time.

badri mannargudi
09-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Dear Dr. Anuj

Dynamic Assured career progression scheme has been introduced for the first time by the government and orders on it are yet to be issued by the government. .

Dear friends,

I am afraid my beloved friend Jjee is incorrect. DACP is nothing new if we believe 6th CPC Report. Para 3.67(pl see page 193 of the Report) states that DCAP was recommended by 5th CPC and was implemented for Doctors in CHS and a few other cadres. It is true that on the basis of Recommendations of the current CPC, the Govt has extended the scheme to all Doctors including those working in isolated posts.
The observation by Shri Jjee may be treated as modified to this extent, if deemed fit, please.
With Regards,
Badri

badri mannargudi
09-12-2008, 09:34 AM
Dear sir,
".............. there is a dynamic assured carrer progression scheme for govt. doctors. (DACP). how different is it from the ACP scheme of other cadres- apart from the time of upgradation? "

My dear friends,
A part of the answer to the question is found in the 6th CPC Report.Para 3.6.7 page 193 of the Report states that DACP is different from ACP in the sense that the in former (DACP) the Designation changes, too. (eg) MO to SMO to CMO to CMO(NFSG) to SAG, with Grade pay 5400 to 6600 to 7600 to 8700 to 10000 respectively).
Difference #2:The ACP scheme specifically says that the scheme envisages mere placement in higher scale (prior to 11.2006 and now higher placement in Grade pay and a marginal increment in the Basic Pay) and it does not amount to Promotion. . On the other hand, the OM Number 45012/2/2008 CHS.V dated 29.10.2008 terms it a promotion under DACP Scheme (Para 2 of the OM refers).

Difference # 3: Under ACP there are only three upgradations. Under DACP, for CDMO sub cadre and Dental Doctors, there are Four Promotions (yes, promotions), namely 5400 to 6600 to 7600 to 8700 to 10000 are envisaged.
(Time factor is not taken as Dr. Anuuj has excluded this aspect).
With regards,
Badri

jitendraacr
09-12-2008, 08:26 PM
Dear Sir
Thanks for making me correct.

badri mannargudi
09-12-2008, 11:08 PM
Dear friends,
Here all of us express views in unrestricted manner, but, peacefully and politely.
So there need not be exchange of "Thanks" and "welcome". I recall Jjee
himself told Narayananjee in some other thread the same thing.
The dedication and devotion shown by Jjee need no certificate from me. A great service rendered by him has already won many a heart(including mine).
The Forum lives because of the commendable selffess service rendered by friends. To name a few, V.Natarajan sir, Jitenderjee, Sudarshanajee, Sundarajjee, on the higher board, and rising stars like Narayanan come to my mind. (the list is illustrative and not exhaustive).
To conclude, we are doing our duty. Inexactitudes are prone to occur and they are most likely to be pointed out and rectified.
With regards,
Badri