PDA

View Full Version : ltc& leave encashment

DR.VBP
25-11-2008, 11:22 AM
Will any one Confirm if leave encashment on LTC be availed in consecutive years? EXAMPLE : 06-7 BLOCK AVAILED IN DECEMBER 2008 FOR HOME TOWN AND 2008-9 BLOCK AVAILED IN APRIL 2009 ANYWHERE IN INDIA? WHETHER ENCASHMENT IS POSSIBLE DURING THE BOTH TRAVELS
DR.VBP

jitendraacr
25-11-2008, 08:41 PM
Sir,
Yes their is no restiction on taking leave encashment on LTC in two consecutive years. You may avail but you have to take as much amount of leave as you want to encash since this is the baisc condition.
Regards
Jitendra

badri mannargudi
25-11-2008, 11:28 PM
Dear friends,
On the query from Dr.VBP, the Jjees reply is O.K. I wish to add only one thing that I remember to have read the Recommendations of 6th CPC and Resolution showing acceptance thereof show that there exists some restrictions on Employees of Railways, in that there must be gap of two years btn two consecutive Leave Encashment on LTC.
Any comments, Shree Jjee?
With regards,
Badri.

Note: As an aside, (totally unconnected to the subject) I find it impossible to enter Discussion Room from other computers. (I have forgotten my user name for this Forum even though I remember the password). Can any one give me some solution, pl?
Badri

rakeshkchauhan
27-11-2008, 08:32 PM
There is one more point about which i am confused. When you avail ltc and to avail yr ltc u hv to SELL ur el. Now if you go for leave of 5 days and wish to encash yr 10 days el, shouldn't there be a deduction of 15 days from your el a/c.Interestingly in one case, the encashment for only five days is provided and further el of only 5 days is deducted as the applicant applied only for 5 days leave to go out.Had he applied for 10 days leave and had been out for 10 days he would hv got leave encashment of 10 days!

badri mannargudi
27-11-2008, 10:18 PM
Rakeshjee may kindly note that the numbers of days of actual leave can not be less than number days of el encashed and and you can be granted Earned Leave for 11 or more days (on LTC) but your encashment component would be restricted to 10 at a time and Sixty days in the entire service. !

So your office is right in granting Encashment of leave only for five days when the individual had been on actual EL only for 5 Days( with LTC).
Regards,
Ba:)dri

DR.VBP
28-11-2008, 08:30 PM
Wish to place on record profound thanks to both of my friends,jitender and badri for their prompt response
thanks once again
vbp