PDA

View Full Version : Time required for getting pension

ks_sunilkumar
09-03-2012, 10:00 PM
Friends,

I have retired from ISRO (Govt o India) under rule 48-A CCS rules (VRS) on 1-3-2012. I got the releiving order on 1-3-2012. I want to know when I will be getting pension payment?

Awaiting reply

Sunil

s.##ram
14-03-2012, 02:08 PM
I think this question has no answer, for the pension rules are silent on a time frame for those on VRS. Please ensure you submit all the pension papers by asking the office for it. Leave encashment should be automatically sanctioned by the leave sanctioning authority, but do write a formal application to sanction the same. Your GPF final withdrawal can be claimed. As regards pension, gratuity and commuted value of pension it has to be done by them acting on your pension papers. Please see a similar question I raised "Retirement benefits on VRS" in this same section some time back.
I retired in November from ICAR and am yet to get my pension sanctioned.
All the best to you but do not stop persuing the matter with the office.
Ramani

s.##ram
04-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Dear Mr. Sunil,
This is just to ascertain if you got your pension and other benefits by now as it is 2 months since you went on VRS.
Ramani

ks_sunilkumar
08-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Dear Mr. Sunil,
This is just to ascertain if you got your pension and other benefits by now as it is 2 months since you went on VRS.
Ramani

Sir, I will be getting pension next week. Only the no demand certificate from Accounts section VSSC is pending. This will be released this week as informed by accounts. Today Group insurance amount will be released as informed by ADMN.

What about your status of receiving pension?

s.##ram
09-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Dear Mr. Sunil,
I am glad your organisation has been very proactive and seem to have acted quite fast. It is now nearing 6 months and still my pension, gratuity and commutation as well as Group Insurance have not been sanctioned. Since it is being done in Delhi I am not able to even keep track of it from Bangalore. My GPF final withdrawal and encashment of leave amount came in March/April.
Each organisation has its own whims and fancies and unfortunately there is no time frame built into the system.
Lets hope we can get them to realise this.
Ramani

ks_sunilkumar
09-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Sir I am giving you a suggestion. You may please contact an advocate / CGSC in Bangalore and give a notice to your organisation. Since I am an Engg graduate as well as a law graduate and having experience in handling ISRO legal cases in consultation with Central Govt Standing Counsels/Advocates for the past 26 years of service in ISRO/VSSC, I am giving you this opinion.

s.##ram
10-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Thanks for your suggestion. I am writing shortly to our DG to see if it has any effect. Then I will approach an advocate. Please send a mail to my mail id s_ramani @vsnl.net for future correspondence.
Ramani

ks_sunilkumar
10-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Dear Sir,
Your email id [email protected] is not working. Please give me a working email id

sunil

s.##ram
11-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Dear Sunil,
My mail id [email protected] is working. In fact the message from Gconnect copying your reply was sent to me on this mail id only. It is [email protected] without any spaces. Alternately give me your id in your reply.
Ramani

ks_sunilkumar
11-05-2012, 10:40 AM
Sir, my Email id is [email protected] Please send a mail to my email id

sunil

Victor
20-05-2012, 09:02 PM
OM dated 1.5.2012 issued by M/o Personnel for timely payment of pensionary benefits may kindly be referrred to. (http://circulars.nic.in/WriteReadData/CircularPortal/D3/D03ppw/ppwf_010512.pdf)

Victor

ks_sunilkumar
20-05-2012, 09:47 PM
Thank you very much

s.##ram
06-06-2012, 08:14 PM
OM dated 1.5.2012 issued by M/o Personnel for timely payment of pensionary benefits may kindly be referrred to. (http://circulars.nic.in/WriteReadData/CircularPortal/D3/D03ppw/ppwf_010512.pdf)

Victor

This circular is for those retirees who retire on superannuation. Is there any time frame for those on VR? Mr. Sunil has gone on VR.
Ramani

Victor
06-06-2012, 08:50 PM
This circular is for those retirees who retire on superannuation. Is there any time frame for those on VR? Mr. Sunil has gone on VR.
Ramani

OM dated 1.5.2012 is generic and does not specifically talk of superannuation cases. I thought that the spirit behind the order would be equally applicable in VR cases.

However, I have found another OM which was issued on 6th May, 1976, in which para 4 is specifically for VR cases only. The OM is available at (http://circulars.nic.in/WriteReadData/CircularPortal/D3/D03ppw/PensionPayment06051976.pdf).

Hope this would be of help.

Victor

ks_sunilkumar
07-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Thank you Victor

Sunilkumar ks

s.##ram
08-07-2012, 06:02 PM
Dear Mr. Victor,
Thanks for the copy of the circular specifically dealing with VR. It would be very useful for my case. I am not able to get hold of this circulars.nic.in website to see other circulars especially the original OM of Feb 1976 dealing with pension.
It is more than 7 months since I went on VR (24.11.11) and neither my provisional pension nor my regular pension/gratuity/CVP/savings fund of CGEIGS has been paid to me. I have written several letters to the officers dealing with my pension and even spoken to them over telephone but to no avail. They have only paid my GPF accumulation and leave encashment after several letters. I want to arm myself with the rules/circulars/OM on this issue so that I can seek appropriate redressal. I seek your help.
Ramani

vnatarajan
08-07-2012, 08:40 PM
IN A LIGHTER VEIN:
May be you will be required to join again- if the Govt does not approve your VR!

IT SO HAPPENED IN THE CASE OF ONE OF MY COLLEAGUES OF GSI-OEN SHRI A KRISHNAMOORTHY- WHO MADE OVER CHARGE ON VRS after 90 days notice from his side - IN ANTICIPATION OF GOVT.CLEARANCE ETC- DID NOT GET ANY RESPONSE FOR TWO YEARS REGARDING ACCEPTANCE OF HIS VRS FROM THE MIN OF MINES- AND "SHOCKINGLY" AFTER TWO YEARS HE WAS DIRECTED TO REPORT FOR DUTY!.

His two year period was treated as spl leave of absence- no break inservice! What he did in those two years "productively" is any one's guess1

vnatarajan

He joined back after those two years- got all benefits of continuity of service/ promotion etc. HE WAS MY CLASS-MATE AT IIT, KGP IN POST-GRADUATION.
VN

s.##ram
10-07-2012, 09:47 PM
Thanks Mr. Victor for lightening the mood. I have no intention of joining back as I have had enough of it. Further my VR has been accepted, a VR order issued and I was asked to hand over charge to another person. I left the place only after that. It is another matter that it was done after more than 90 days of notice period had lapsed.
I would seek your help about the problems raised in my previous post.
Ramani