PDA

View Full Version : Reimbursement of claim -LTC to Jammu& Kashmir

abani sinha
27-01-2012, 11:04 PM
Sir ,
I am drawing a grade pay of Rs.4800/-Accordingly I came to Delhi by Ac II tier.From Delhi I went by air to Jammu .However,on my return I came to Amritsar by AC III tier and from Amritsar I came by air to Delhi.My question is:How my fare from Jammu To Delhi be reimursed?

sinha_audit
28-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Jammu-Delhi 3AC (direct) and not of Rajdhani, but according to the fare of the TYPE and CLASS (in your case 3 AC) of train you took to travel from Jammu-Amritsar.

abani sinha
07-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Thank you Mr. Sinha.Please let me know how my fare from Jammu to Delhi would have been reimbursed had my grade pay been Rs.5400/-in the above case i.e.I am drawing a grade pay of Rs.4800/-Accordingly I came to Delhi by Ac II tier.From Delhi I went by air to Jammu .However,on my return I came to Amritsar by AC III tier and from Amritsar I came by air to Delhi.My question is:How my fare from Jammu To Delhi be reimbursed?

abani sinha
07-02-2012, 10:38 PM
Thank you Mr.Sinha.How one's fare from Jammu to Dehi would have been reimbursed had his grade pay been Rs.5400/- in the above thread i.e.I am drawing a grade pay of Rs.4800/-Accordingly I came to Delhi by Ac II tier.From Delhi I went by air to Jammu .However,on my return I came to Amritsar by AC III tier and from Amritsar I came by air to Delhi.My question is:How my fare from Jammu To Delhi be reimursed?

sinha_audit
09-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Had you been in GP 5400, it would have made no difference.
Please see following computation:

(a) Jammu - Delhi III AC by direct shortest (according to the type of train you ACTUALLY travelled Jammu - Amritsar) and
(b) Jammu - Amritsar by III AC (Actual cost incurred)

If a <= b, a would be reimbursed.
If a > b, b for the part of journey and remaining part according to the mode actually used (air) for GP 5400. Here is the catch. Air fare can not be calculated proportionately. So, even GP 5400 would be reimbursed part of the journey according to proportionate rate of II AC of the TYPE of train ACTUALLY used. Hence, GP 4800 (you) would also be reimbursed (b + proportionate according to II AC fare), LIMITED to Jammu - Delhi II AC fare of the TYPE of train ACTUALLY used (Jammu - Amritsar).

I have narrated the rule position. See GID (7) below Rule 12(5) read with Note (ii) below GID (1)(A) below Rule 12(5) of CCS (LTC) Rules.

Hope this helped.