PDA

View Full Version : LTC to both husband and wife

shekhar1960
08-01-2012, 11:33 PM
I am central govt employee and my wife is a bank employee. She avails LTC facility from bank for me and children. As per CCS(LTC) Rules that husband and wife can declare separate Home Town. Can I avail Home Town facility from my central govt. department for my family ?

Victor
10-01-2012, 09:38 PM
I am central govt employee and my wife is a bank employee. She avails LTC facility from bank for me and children. As per CCS(LTC) Rules that husband and wife can declare separate Home Town. Can I avail Home Town facility from my central govt. department for my family ?

"...where husband and wife both are Govt. servants, they could, at their option, choose to declare separate hometown and both of them may claim the concession separately under the normal provisions of CCS (LTC) Rules in respect of the members of their respective families subject to the condition that if husband or wife avails the facility as a member of the family of the other, he or she will not be entitled for claiming the concession for self independently. Similarly, the children shall be eligible for the benefit in one particular block as members of the family of one of the parents only. All other conditions for admissibility of the LTC shall continue to be applicable as per normal provisions of the scheme" - (DOPT OM No. 31011/8/89-Est.(A), dated 8.5.1990).

Based on the above analogy separate claims can be preferred subject to the condition that "double benefit" cannot be availed by any member of the family.

Victor

RKPATHAK
11-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Since your wife is getting LTC/LTA facility from her emploeyer you should not claim ltc for her. LTC should be from one source only

shekhar1960
17-02-2012, 11:38 AM
Mr. Victor, Thank you for your opinion.

shekhar1960
17-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Mr.Victor, thank you for your opinion.

shekhar1960
17-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Thanks, Mr.RKPATHAK

baku3471
16-09-2013, 11:52 PM
Para. 6 of CCS LTC rules reads as under;

When the spouse of the Government servant is employed in an office other than a central government office where LTC facilities are available.- The central government servant should furnish a certificate as under at the time of preferring the claim for LTC:-

Certified that my wife/husband for whom LTC is claimed by me is employed in ----------, which provides leave travel concession facilities but he/she has not preferred and will not prefer, any claim in this behalf to his/her employer ------Order No: 25

As per the above rule provision when one claims LTC from Central Govt. Office for a particular journey, his/her spouse should not claim LTC from his/her employer for the same journey.

In LTC rules it is clearly mentioned that when husband and wife are Central government servants the husband or wife who avails LTC as a member of the family of spouse cannot claim LTC independently for self (Para. 1 of LTC rules). Whereas in case spouse is employed in PSU (other than Central Govt.) this condition is not applicable. In such situation the Para 6 quoted above should be applicable.

As per para 6 mentioned above, there is a clear-cut provision that one should declare that his/her spouse who is employed in a PSU (OFFICE OTHER THAN CENTRAL GOVT.) which provides LTC facilities has not availed and will not avail any claim in this behalf to her employer. This means that when husband/wife is availing LTC from Central Govt. Office, his/her wife/husband should not simultaneously claim LTC from his/her employer for the same journey.

BASED ON THE ABOVE, ONE CAN AVAIL LTC FROM CENTRAL GOVT OFFICE AND \"OTHER THAN CENTRAL GOVT.OFFICE\", PROVIDED THE \"OTHER THAN CENTRAL GOVT OFFICE\" DOES NOT HAVE A RULE PROVISION PROHIBITING LTC.