PDA

View Full Version : Railway - travel difficulties

R K Rao
08-01-2012, 08:53 PM
I READ THIS IN A MAIL. I THOUGH I WOULD SHARE WITH FRIENDS. HENCE REPRODUCED HERE.

RK RAO

Keep this Railway Complaint Number in your Mobile
Incident 1
It happened few months back. We were travelling and I and my family were waiting in the A/C waiting room at Secunderabad Station. The attached bathroom was not clean and was giving bad smell. Added to this discomfiture, the bathroom door was not closing tight , and I also observed that shutter was not closing tight because of faulty door closer. I complained to the attendant .
I also sent an SMS " The bathroom of A/C waiting room on platform No 1 of Secunderbad Station is dirty and stinking. Pl arrange cleaning . Also the the door is not closing properly". After few minutes we left the waiting room as our train arrival was announced. Within few minutes I received text reply from Railways, giving an Id No and that action will be taken . After few hours I received a message that the bathroom has been cleaned . After ten days I received another message that the faulty door has been repaired and thanking me.
Incident 2
Recently on 24 th October I and my wife were travelling by Hyderabd Ajmer Express on our Rajasthan trip. Next day morning , I noticed there was no water in the bathroom and the taps are all dry, where as our journey will continue and we will be reaching our destination ( Bhilwara near Ajmer) after another 18 hours. I was worried that it is going to be a miserable time to travel without water. Water or No water, people will continue to use the bathrooms and the stink will become unbearable. I complained to the Conductor. I also sent a SMS "Traveling in the A1 compartment of Hyderabad Ajmer express train No 12720. No water in the bathrooms . Pl arrange. Also replace leaking valves else problem repeats." Pat came the reply" Your reference id is 1110250019. For status visit www.scr.indianrailways.in. or SMS as STATUS<SPACE><id> TO 8121281212 . Thanks for registering complaint " . After about 20 minutes I received message that water will be filled at the nearest Railway station having water filling facility. At Itarsi station water was filled and we had no problem . After about a week I received another message that the faulty valves have been replaced . It was amazing.
I am thankful to the Railway authorities for introducing a system where one can complain from a running train and doubly grateful that they have acknowledged the complaint and attended.
I collected this help line number from the Railway waiting room !
Many times while travelling by train we are put to unexpected inconvenience , we react by cursing and criticizing. No other response. Of course once we reach our destination we just forget.
There is no use in cursing the darkness around you, do light a candle however small it be, it gives an inspiration and ten more candles will be lit . The process continues reducing the darkness.
The Railway Number to which you can SMS is 8121281212 . Please pass on this message to your friends and it may help some one in need including you .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MY APPRECIATIONS TO THE RAILWAYS TOO, AND TO THE PERSON WHO TOOK TIME TO DISSEMINATE THE SAME FOR OTHERS BENEFIT.

RK RAO

sinha_audit
08-01-2012, 08:56 PM
This is a welcome step by Railways. Seems they have come the age ;)

ramanrao60
09-01-2012, 11:11 AM
This is excellent and also thanks to mr Rao for sharing the useful information.

On this subject i would like to state that at Chennai central station many times i have noticed that trains reach Basin Bridge station(previous to central,just half km away) well in time but get delayed by the time they reach central station. This is due to poor platform allocation by the running staff. I do not know why this cant be sorted out

R K Rao
09-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Mr Raman Rao,

Thank you, Sir for the compliment.

I think a simple and small letter could be written to the PRO, Chennai Central Railways. It may (or may not) yield necessary results. I quote a simple example -

After my coming to Mumbai (from Sec'bad), for a few years I used to observe the stations displaying (lighting) names of a number of stations where the fast train does not halt. In fact, each station, throughout the day, used to display (light) names of at least 10-12 stations where fast trains will NOT HALT. It was difficult for people to immeditely understand WHERE the train will halt (we had to search for names unlighted).

One day casually I wrote to the PRO, CR that instead of lighting up names of station where the trains will NOT halt, why not light up names of stations where the trains will HALT. Since the halts are limited, only a few tube lights will glow and it will not only be easier to read and know where they will halt but will also result in saving of a lot of power.

It was a pleasant surprise for me to see that after a few months, my suggestion was implemented and as we speak, the system of lighting names of only those stations where the train will halt is in effect.

No credit has been given to me but the idea has been accepted.

So, please try it out.

RK Rao

prasannakumar
10-01-2012, 05:14 AM
There are alert numbers also for railways (received from one of my friends) in case of emergency like theft, atrocities against women etc. They are 9846200100, 9846200150, 9846200180. Persons who used these numbers can share.

Prasanna Kumar

prasannakumar
10-01-2012, 05:25 AM
Mr Raman Rao,

Thank you, Sir for the compliment.

I think a simple and small letter could be written to the PRO, Chennai Central Railways. It may (or may not) yield necessary results. I quote a simple example -

After my coming to Mumbai (from Sec'bad), for a few years I used to observe the stations displaying (lighting) names of a number of stations where the fast train does not halt. In fact, each station, throughout the day, used to display (light) names of at least 10-12 stations where fast trains will NOT HALT. It was difficult for people to immeditely understand WHERE the train will halt (we had to search for names unlighted).

One day casually I wrote to the PRO, CR that instead of lighting up names of station where the trains will NOT halt, why not light up names of stations where the trains will HALT. Since the halts are limited, only a few tube lights will glow and it will not only be easier to read and know where they will halt but will also result in saving of a lot of power.

It was a pleasant surprise for me to see that after a few months, my suggestion was implemented and as we speak, the system of lighting names of only those stations where the train will halt is in effect.

No credit has been given to me but the idea has been accepted.

So, please try it out.

RK Rao

There is another side of this aspect also. There was an incidence of one lady being cruelly raped and killed by a beggar in a ladies compartment. After the trial he was given capital punishment. We also hear and read news of non supply of food to passengers in trains like Thurontho. Anyway, signs of improvement is good

Prasanna Kumar