PDA

View Full Version : income tax: online filing with tin-nsdl

amit2301
04-01-2012, 12:42 PM
Dear All

Wish you all in this wonderful forum a HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012!

Whereas it is the responsibility of the DDO to upload data correctly to the TIN-NSDL site for income tax deducted from salaries, it has been found that data is not uploaded for which Income Tax Department issues notices to individual officers concerned who has to run with his/her Form-16 to the ITO for corrections.
I feel, it is the duty of the DDO to ensure that the income tax that he deducts monthly is uploaded. Why should the individual official be made to run from pillar to post for his act of diligence or negligence?
regards
Amit

RKPATHAK
05-01-2012, 09:31 AM
You are correct

prasannakumar
05-01-2012, 08:02 PM
The system of uploading has been outsourced to some agencies in my dept. After deduction and remittance of IT, it has be communicated to the agency in prescribed format.

But delay in uploading for no reasons of him entailing the assessee the "punishment" is too cruel. The person responsible for delay should be held responsible.

Prasanna Kumar

ramanrao60
06-01-2012, 01:08 PM
I have a totally radical idea on this.
The DDOs play a huge role in collecting the tax for the government and incur huge time money and effort in collecting money for them, but for small lapses they are penalised.
Actually the collector's organisation may be rewarded with 0.05% of the collected money to compensate and reward for all the efforts.
Same goes for service tax also.
Some countries do this, so why not here?
I know it is a pipe dream, but ....

amit2301
06-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Yes Sh. Prasanna. You are right. It is the stakes and responsibilities that we all share. We know and uphold our rights but do not perform duties. It is funny that even in organisations where DDO functions are computerised upto a greater extent, they've outsourced the task to some agency citing filthy reasons as यह मेरा काम नहीं हैं or मेरे पास पहले से ही ईतना काम है ..... and all filthy reasons of the like.
I could appreciate Sh. Rao's argument in the sense that they are responsible for revenue collection to the government but then, could not subscribe to his idea of rewards. It's something of 'cash-handling-charges' that have been shown the doors.
regards
Amit

ramanrao60
06-01-2012, 02:37 PM
I could appreciate Sh. Rao's argument in the sense that they are responsible for revenue collection to the government but then, could not subscribe to his idea of rewards. It's something of 'cash-handling-charges' that have been shown the doors.
regards
Amit[/QUOTE]
When customs officers get a reward for catching contraband, which is their duty in the first place and IT deptt rewards for unearthing black money, why not this?
I know in the older times, the challans which were supposed to be given free were always out of stock and you were directed to a friendly stationery shop, who had all IT challans with him, but for a price.
If you have 1000 employee office, then you have at least two or three tax clerks whose pay is an over head for the company, only because of compliance issues with tax authorities and i am not talking only of Govt deptts here.

sinha_audit
06-01-2012, 06:58 PM
But what should Amit do now?

prasannakumar
06-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Yes Sh. Prasanna. You are right. It is the stakes and responsibilities that we all share. We know and uphold our rights but do not perform duties. It is funny that even in organisations where DDO functions are computerised upto a greater extent, they've outsourced the task to some agency citing filthy reasons as यह मेरा काम नहीं हैं or मेरे पास पहले से ही ईतना काम है ..... and all filthy reasons of the like.
regards
Amit

What I mean to say was the work of the DDOs in many of the departments has been out sourced. The reasons for this may be as you stated यह मेरा काम नहीं हैं or मेरे पास पहले से ही ईतना काम है etc. Payment of remuneration for this work to DDOs is not a permanent solution. But what next?. I dont have an answer now. Let us discuss and some thing may come out. Now, As Mr. Sinha stated "What Amit should do?" I think some solutions will be will emerge.

Prasanna Kumar

amit2301
06-01-2012, 09:07 PM
My contention and given to understand that when the job of uploading data at tin-nsdl is outsourced, the DDO should ensure that all data has been uploaded to his satisfaction and then payment released to the vendor!
Why should the individual official be made to run from pillar to post for this act of negligence?
regards
Amit

trr1262
06-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Dear friends,
The IT department is not doing the job properly. In my department, i have received two notices stating that there is short recovery of tax in respect of some of the employees listed. actually the case related 2007-08, 2008-09(i.e., two to three years later) When I searched the old files and found the entries are correct. Then I though probably the outsourcing agency might have done a wrong thing. Then I enquired agents. they also did their job correctly. After a thoroough discussion with the INCOME TAX officer, it was found that the computer software of the it department is not recognisinig the male female. It automatically calculated the tax and shown as less recovery. Then the Income Tax officer is sending the notice (big one which states so many provisions of IT Rules etc. which is of course frightening).

When I discussed and convinced the officer, the ITO accepted the explanation and dropped the proceedings. Therefore, we should not find fault on DDO alone, the fault is lying on every one including the govt. They are going on introducing so many new initiatives without much research and analysis. That is the problem. wasteful expenses of tax payer's money.

At the same time appreciate the thought of rewarding the DDOs like customs dept. Why should revenue authorities alone let every one be compensated with some kind of extra income, so that we all can give much attention to our DUTY.

ramanrao60
07-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Dear friends,
The IT department is not doing the job properly. In my department, i have received two notices stating that there is short recovery of tax in respect of some of the employees listed. actually the case related 2007-08, 2008-09(i.e., two to three years later) When I searched the old files and found the entries are correct. Then I though probably the outsourcing agency might have done a wrong thing. Then I enquired agents. they also did their job correctly. After a thoroough discussion with the INCOME TAX officer, it was found that the computer software of the it department is not recognisinig the male female. It automatically calculated the tax and shown as less recovery. Then the Income Tax officer is sending the notice (big one which states so many provisions of IT Rules etc. which is of course frightening).

When I discussed and convinced the officer, the ITO accepted the explanation and dropped the proceedings. Therefore, we should not find fault on DDO alone, the fault is lying on every one including the govt. They are going on introducing so many new initiatives without much research and analysis. That is the problem. wasteful expenses of tax payer's money.

At the same time appreciate the thought of rewarding the DDOs like customs dept. Why should revenue authorities alone let every one be compensated with some kind of extra income, so that we all can give much attention to our DUTY.

Fully agree with the above post, specially "They are going on introducing so many new initiatives without much research and analysis. That is the problem. wasteful expenses of tax payer's money."
IT deptt is not a holy cow, nor for that matter many others
E governance without home work will result in disaster,just recall the UID case,where Nandan neelakeni could not do much

prasannakumar
07-01-2012, 02:28 PM
My contention and given to understand that when the job of uploading data at tin-nsdl is outsourced, the DDO should ensure that all data has been uploaded to his satisfaction and then payment released to the vendor!
Why should the individual official be made to run from pillar to post for this act of negligence?
regards
Amit

Thats correct. When the figures/data furnished itself are incorrect, the person who furnished should be held responsible.

Prasanna Kumar

prasannakumar
07-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Fully agree with the above post, specially "They are going on introducing so many new initiatives without much research and analysis. That is the problem. wasteful expenses of tax payer's money."
IT deptt is not a holy cow, nor for that matter many others
E governance without home work will result in disaster,just recall the UID case,where Nandan neelakeni could not do much

I fully agree with you Mr. Rao. In many departments E-governance is a failure mainly due to its hasty implementation without undertaking required ground work

Prasanna Kumar

amit2301
08-01-2012, 07:49 AM
I found mention of Nandan Nilekani's unique effort and e-Gov issues. Does anyone know why the e-Gov issues fail in this country? It is the super inflated EGO of our All India Service Officers. Without understanding IT they think they are the know-IT-all :confused: and that spells doom.

amit2301
08-01-2012, 07:54 AM
It is this fright that makes peace loving people to run from pillar to post...from the clerks to the ITOs of the Circles/Wards. Harassment is the key to success in government offices. It is disheartening that officials in key positions work blindfolded. So the tail may be interpreted as a rope or snake!