PDA

View Full Version : LTC to NER in one 4 year Block-Reg.

Dr.I.N.Mukherjee
23-12-2011, 04:02 PM
Whether those Central Govt. Employees (Gr.A,B &C),resident of Kolkata,also working in Kolkata & not entitled for Home Town LTC, are not eligible for LTC to NER in one 4 year Block by Air?

As per DOPT's OM No.31011/4/2007-Estt(A) dated 02/05/08,vide Sl.No.(i) &(ii) subsequently reaffirmed vide OM of Even No. dated 20/04/2010 & 23/04/2010,it has been found that they are eligible.

But,Swamy's Hand Book -2011,Page 148 indicates "Not admissible for those who are not entitled to Home Town LTC",Referring OM No.31011/4/2007-Estt(A) dated 23/04/10!
PAO is refering to the above & not allowing Kolkatans & working in Kolkata the LTC by AIR to NER once in a Four Year Block.

Pl. clarify quoting correct rules.

sinha_audit
23-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Anyone who is posted in Home Town is not entitled for Home Town LTC. NER by air is granted in lieu of one HTC in a block of 4 years. When someone is not entitled for HTC itself, there is no question that it can be "traded" for NER by air.

SASI
24-12-2011, 09:03 AM
LTC Rule says "The leave travel concession to hometown shall be admissible irrespective of the distance between the headquarters of the Government servant and his hometown". Where is it stated that one who is posted in his home town is not entitled to Home Town Ltc?

sasi

veraich
24-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Kinldy refer DopT clarification dated 23.4.2010 OM No. 31011/4/2007-Estt. (A).
It interalia indicates that an employee whose HQ and home town being same are not entitled to LTC(HT), the question of conversion of LTC (HT) to visit NER does not arise.

Further at pt8, it indicates when an employee has already availed LTC (HT), he can visit NER against LTC (Anywhere in India).

It is implied that he can visit NER agianst his 2nd LTC (HT) of 4 year block. Why i say that because :
Every employee is entitled to 2 LTC (HTs) in 4 years, while he can convert one LTC(HT) to LTC (Anywhere in India) or even he may visit HT twice.
It may not be right to refer LTCs as LTC (HT) and LTC (Anywhere in India) for such employees whose HT HQ are diferrent.

HSV

Dr.I.N.Mukherjee
28-12-2011, 12:04 AM
Would my learned friends advise me regarding availability of LTC to NER IN ONE 4 YEAR BLOCK (Any where in India) BY entitled officers BY Air i.e.Gr.A employees? As NER is well within India & hence Gr.A officers, irrespective of their Home Town,shall be eligible for availing LTC by Air IN ONE 4 YEAR BLOCK (Any where in India)! Is that correct or not?

sinha_audit
28-12-2011, 09:03 AM
Yes. This is available.

Point is that when someone avails LTC to "Anywhere in India" once for a block of 4 years, it will be regulated according to one's entitlement in r/o mode/class of travel, unlike in the case of "Ltc to NER by air in lieu of one Home Town Concession for a block of 4 years" where obviously air mode is allowed (subject to further classification, i.e., Gr. A & B Gazetted and B non-Gazetted, C & D) as an incentive to promote tourism in NER.

Officials/officers who had been otherwise eligible for air travel always had, and have the option to travel to NER as they might have chosen the destination like any other place.

To clarify the matter further, an employee not eligible for air (below GP 5400) may travel to NER by air once in lieu of HTC and again to NER as "Anywhere in India" but this time according to entitled mode/class of travel within the same block of 4 years.

Hope this helped.

SASI
31-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Kinldy refer DopT clarification dated 23.4.2010 OM No. 31011/4/2007-Estt. (A).
It interalia indicates that an employee whose HQ and home town being same are not entitled to LTC(HT), the question of conversion of LTC (HT) to visit NER does not arise.

Further at pt8, it indicates when an employee has already availed LTC (HT), he can visit NER against LTC (Anywhere in India).

It is implied that he can visit NER agianst his 2nd LTC (HT) of 4 year block. Why i say that because :
Every employee is entitled to 2 LTC (HTs) in 4 years, while he can convert one LTC(HT) to LTC (Anywhere in India) or even he may visit HT twice.
It may not be right to refer LTCs as LTC (HT) and LTC (Anywhere in India) for such employees whose HT HQ are diferrent.

HSV

The clarification OM No.31011/4/2007-Estt.(A) dated 14-5-2008 says “the Government employees whose headquarters and home-town being same are not entitled for home-town LTC and the question of conversion of home-town LTC into LTC for NER in such cases does not arise”.

The clarification is based on the contention that “ the Government employees whose headquarters and home-town being same are not entitled for home-town LTC”. But we could not find such a condition anywhere in the LTC Rules. In fact the Rule says “the leave travel concession to hometown shall be admissible irrespective of the distance between the headquarters of the Government servant and his hometown". How can a clarification be issued detrimental to the Original Rule? Valuable opinion of members is requested.

sasi

RKPATHAK
01-01-2012, 10:03 AM
Persons posted in their home town and not entitled for home town ltc are not eligibile for NER LTC since it is in lieu there of

SASI
03-01-2012, 07:58 AM
My doubt was that whether a clarification can be issued against the provisions of the original rule. What is the remedy in such situation.

sasi

Victor
03-01-2012, 09:50 AM
My doubt was that whether a clarification can be issued against the provisions of the original rule. What is the remedy in such situation.

sasi

There is no contradiction in the clarification issued by DOPT. Persons whose Home Town and Headquarters are same are still NOT entitled for Home Town LTC. For eg. a person who is posted in the Village Post Office and whose home town is also the same village, is not entitled to avail LTC to "visit" his HomeTown. In such cases he is also NOT entitled to avail the faciltiy to visit NER against "conversion" of Home Town LTC.

Victor

sinha_audit
03-01-2012, 06:58 PM
The intention before clarification “the leave travel concession to hometown shall be admissible irrespective of the distance between the headquarters of the Government servant and his hometown" is that small distances may also be allowed.

It clearly implied that the Hqrs. and the hometown are two distinct and discernible places from one another. When the Hqrs. and the hometown become one and the same, the distinctness between them ceases to exist. There may be no justification of "visiting" the same place where Hqrs. is situated.