PDA

View Full Version : Additional pension after 80

s.##ram
16-12-2011, 04:37 PM
My father retired from Telephones and was drawing pension from the Post Office. He passed away at the age of 83 years before the VI CPC was announced. The arrears of pension was paid to my mother (family pensioner). Then we did not realise that the additional pension of 20 % after his 80 years of age was paid or not. Recently the post office asked for details about the age of my mother to include in the PPO (not indicated earlier) for the sake of additional pension. Then we enquired about the payment of additional pension for my father till his demise. The Head PO looked into it and prepared and paid additional pension due to him after 80 yersa of age till his demise. It beats me as to why this was not taken care of in the first instance itself when the arrears were prepared.
I am posting it in this site so that pensioners in similar situations can check on this and avail the benefit due to them.
Ramani

sinha_audit
21-12-2011, 07:46 PM
Such casual approach is unfortunately demonstrated by practically every department. Having said that, Postal Department is one of the very few organisations where high standards are still maintained (yes, this is a fact).

RKPATHAK
22-12-2011, 09:11 AM
This is very common. One should be vigil

Gopal Krishan
14-03-2012, 03:22 PM
The additionla peension is payable from the month in which the date of birth of the pensioner falls

prasannakumar
14-03-2012, 09:35 PM
My father retired from Telephones and was drawing pension from the Post Office. He passed away at the age of 83 years before the VI CPC was announced. The arrears of pension was paid to my mother (family pensioner). Then we did not realise that the additional pension of 20 % after his 80 years of age was paid or not. Recently the post office asked for details about the age of my mother to include in the PPO (not indicated earlier) for the sake of additional pension. Then we enquired about the payment of additional pension for my father till his demise. The Head PO looked into it and prepared and paid additional pension due to him after 80 yersa of age till his demise. It beats me as to why this was not taken care of in the first instance itself when the arrears were prepared.
I am posting it in this site so that pensioners in similar situations can check on this and avail the benefit due to them.
Ramani

You should thank the authorities for having paid on request. There are departments which do not even pay pension after 3 months of retirement. Having said that, I am not endorsing or appreciating the authorities who have delayed the payment. This is nothing but causal approach. But as Mr. Sinha said, even today high standards are maintained in P & T in this regard

Prasanna Kumar